[1.1.x] Most Recent Posts Sidebar [Paid] [Deleted]

Okay fair enough, there is nothing to be fixed but seeing same topic title 5 times in forum index is not really ideal for me.

Thanks

Great add-on! Can I suggest options to add the forum, total reply count, and a 'time since', similar to (from a vB site I run):

activetopics.webp

Thanks.

Hi how would i display this on the actual forum sidebar as at the moment it displays only on the portal sidebar.

Great add-on! Can I suggest options to add the forum, total reply count, and a 'time since', similar to (from a vB site I run):

View attachment 29713

You can not add a total replies to posts. That is for threads. The time of the post is already displayed. Whereas to display the forum, I will keep it in mind for future versions.

Thanks.

Hi how would i display this on the actual forum sidebar as at the moment it displays only on the portal sidebar.

It displays in the forum sidebar. Can I see the link to your forum?

Purchased it and it's now running great!

I ended up changing the SQL query to show the latest active threads (not posts), added the reply count, moved add-on on top of Online Members, and adjusted the template a bit to have it match my template.

If you want to see how it looks, it's here: http://tizentalk.com/forum/

Thanks again.

Does anybody know how to move this sidebar block ABOVE the Members Online area? Can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

That's what I did. Try this:

Open ./library/Borbole/RecentPosts/Listener.php

on Line 19, change:
Code:
            $search = '<!-- end block: sidebar_online_users -->';

to:
Code:
            $search = '<!-- block: sidebar_online_users -->';

on Line 20, change:
Code:
            $contents = str_replace($search, $search . $template->create('borbole_recent_posts_sidebar', $params), $contents);

to:
Code:
            $contents = str_replace($search, $template->create('borbole_recent_posts_sidebar', $params) . $search, $contents);

I apologize for the late reply but I have been very busy lately. Anyway, I updated the mod and emailed you the new copy.
This is another question I wanted to bring up. It does not show most recent threads from areas which are private and only for a few people to have access to. I would like for them to be able to see recent posts in those areas using our addon, so how can we do that?

This is another question I wanted to bring up. It does not show most recent threads from areas which are private and only for a few people to have access to. I would like for them to be able to see recent posts in those areas using our addon, so how can we do that?

This is for the recent posts btw and not for threads.

Regarding not showing the content from the private areas, that is because the mod carries over the permissions intact. Meaning users will see only the contents that they have permissions to see.

But if you still want to remove the permissions check let me know and I will pm you the changes needed to do that.

This is for the recent posts btw and not for threads.

Regarding not showing the content from the private areas, that is because the mod carries over the permissions intact. Meaning users will see only the contents that they have permissions to see.

But if you still want to remove the permissions check let me know and I will pm you the changes needed to do that.
Yea, I had made a post yesterday in the private area and it never showed in the rotation ;-(.

Thanks for the add-on.

I was really hoping this would display an excerpt of the post content instead of the thread title. IMO, ending up with 3-5 duplicate thread titles isn't what most people would expect a "latest posts" section to display.

Are there any plans to implement this functionality? If not, is it something that could be contracted from you?

Cheers :)

Thanks for the add-on.

I was really hoping this would display an excerpt of the post content instead of the thread title. IMO, ending up with 3-5 duplicate thread titles isn't what most people would expect a "latest posts" section to display.

Are there any plans to implement this functionality? If not, is it something that could be contracted from you?

Cheers :)

Do you mean to show a part of the posts in the way of x number of characters?

Top Bottom