[1.1.x] Most Recent Posts Sidebar [Paid] [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Most Recent Posts Sidebar (version 1.0) - Most Recent Posts Sidebar

Requested by Erich37. This mod will add the most recent posts of your forum to the sidebar. Invisible posts and posts made by banned members will not show up. Also the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the posts from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from...

Read more about this resource...

Hi. How do I want to hide some of the messages in the forums?

Do you mean to not show posts from a certain forum/s? That option is not built in. It will show all posts with the exception of the invisible ones and those posted by banned members.

Hi. How do I want to hide some of the messages in the forums?
Hmm.

borbole said:
the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the posts from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view.

^^^That's for most admins but for those who want to exclude forum that have RSS feed, GencnesilleR's question is reasonable. If you could include his request and an option to show contents of the post and a character limit for that post in the sidebar, I'd donate again.

Hmm.

^^^That's for most admins but for those who want to exclude forum that have RSS feed, GencnesilleR's question is reasonable. If you could include his request and an option to show contents of the post and a character limit for that post in the sidebar, I'd donate again.

Do you mean like at the Recent Threads Block at my forum, the one in the forum index?

My bad I don't need a character limit for this modification, I was really referring to how you can see a preview of the post in the recent posts sideblock the same way you can in Tenshi and Ragtek's recent post side block. For example: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-newest-latest-posts-sidebar-block.15439/

I am not familiar with those mods. Also, I didn''t see a preview of whatever it is that you mean at the screenshot of the mod that you posted the link above. All I saw there was a screenshot of its acp options.

Anyway, in the pm that you sent me I thought that you meant the standard preview like it shows when you hoover over the thread titles. Which is exactly what my custom mod that I mentioned above does. But obviously you mean something else. In that case it would be much better/handier if you posted a screenshot of what you meant instead.

I am not familiar with those mods. Also, I didn''t see a preview of whatever it is that you mean at the screenshot of the mod that you posted the link above. All I saw there was a screenshot of its acp options.

Anyway, in the pm that you sent me I thought that you meant the standard preview like it shows when you hoover over the thread titles. Which is exactly what my custom mod that I mentioned above does. But obviously you mean something else. In that case it would be much better/handier if you posted a screenshot of what you meant instead.
Oh sorry. Here is a screenshot.

xenwhite.jpg

borbole said:
Also the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the posts from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view.
I've revoked guests access and permissions to a private subforum but it's still showing up on the recent posts sidebar when viewing the site as a guest.

I've revoked guests access and permissions to a private subforum but it's still showing up on the recent posts sidebar when viewing the site as a guest.

They won't be able to see those posts. If they click they will get the standard log in message.

They won't be able to see those posts. If they click they will get the standard log in message.
Yeah but that quote implied that post from forums that people don't have permission to view, would not show up in the most recent posts sidebar. Is there a way to make that possible at all?

Yeah but that quote implied that post from forums that people don't have permission to view, would not show up in the most recent posts sidebar. Is there a way to make that possible at all?

I apologize for the late reply but I have been very busy lately. Anyway, I updated the mod and emailed you the new copy.

Hi everyone ,

I just wanted to let everyone know that this mod will appear all the latest posts even posted in the same topic. For example your 5 latest posts made within the same topic you will have 5 links to same topic. I think this is not really ideal , ragatek has the same mod and many people was unhappy about it , I thought this was fixed in this mod but I was wrong so I had to delete this from my forum.

I hope this will be fixed but it is really interesting that whole xenforo is lacking such mod I assume which should not be so hard to make it.

Hi everyone ,

I just wanted to let everyone know that this mod will appear all the latest posts even posted in the same topic. For example your 5 latest posts made within the same topic you will have 5 links to same topic. I think this is not really ideal , ragatek has the same mod and many people was unhappy about it , I thought this was fixed in this mod but I was wrong so I had to delete this from my forum.

I hope this will be fixed but it is really interesting that whole xenforo is lacking such mod I assume which should not be so hard to make it.

What you want to let everyone to know is not something new. It is already known at the mod description. And there was/is nothing that needed/needs fixing in this mod. Everything was explained very clearlily at the description with text, screenshots and live example what the mod does and how it does it.

Top Bottom