Won't fix [1.1.x] Modified templates don't have custom version

Erik

Hi,

I've been experiencing an issue ever since 1.0 I believe, where occasionally modified templates in a style will not take on a "custom version" number (as shown in the outdated templates screen), and therefore consistently shows as "outdated" even though it has been updated.

In previous cases, opening the template within the XenForo admin CP and saving it (without making any changes) would fix the issue, but in this specific case it seems to be stuck. No amount of opening, saving, or modifications will give it a custom version number and take it out of the outdated templates list.

Screenshot_6_27_13_8_14_PM.webp

I'm not sure if this occurs in 1.2.x as well, I haven't tested it.

Some additional info:
In the exported XML file, the addon_id, and version_string attributes on the template element were both empty, while the version_id was set equal to 0.

I fixed the problem by manually adding the information myself and re-importing it, but it would be nice if XenForo fixed this information automatically if it somehow gets corrupted in the XML file or the DB.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What add-on does the template have? (You might need to look in the database.)

This may be an issue from many years ago that has since been fixed so I'm not sure I can do much about it (I can't reproduce it). A workaround would be to revert and re-add the template.

What add-on does the template have? (You might need to look in the database.)

This may be an issue from many years ago that has since been fixed so I'm not sure I can do much about it (I can't reproduce it). A workaround would be to revert and re-add the template.
It's a XenForo template (obviously) but the add-on attribute is empty in the exported XML. I fixed it by exporting the template, editing the XML, and re-importing it, but I assume the add-on column/relation was probably empty in the database as well.

Yeah, that's the issue - it should have the XenForo addon_id. This probably happened many versions ago, so it's hard to say if it's still an issue. Maybe we can double check it when editing it but that'd be the extent of what we could really do.

In that case it's probably ok to leave things alone - I fixed everything manually so as long as it doesn't bork up the addon_id again I think everything should be fine from here on out. :)

Top Bottom