[1.1.x] Hide IP of Super Admin [Paid] [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Hide IP of Super Admin (version 1.0) - It hides the ip of super admin in posts and at the online list.

This mod will hide the ip of super admin in posts and at the online list. This is ideal for privacy.

You should note that the ip of the super admin will be hidden from everyone in posts and at the online list, including to the super admin himself/herself as well.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the...

Read more about this resource...

Let me see if I understand this mod: If the Admin has allowed "regular" users to see the IP addresses of users in the Who's Online list and posts, this this mod will hide the IPs for super admins only.

But since I already have this functionality turned off for everybody but admins and mods, I don't need this?

Let me see if I understand this mod: If the Admin has allowed "regular" users to see the IP addresses of users in the Who's Online list and posts, this this mod will hide the IPs for super admins only.

But since I already have this functionality turned off for everybody but admins and mods, I don't need this?
Not unless you wish to hide IP addresses from mods and admins, but they could probably access it via the admin CP anyway, or inline tools.

Can you make a 'Hide The Admin'... Period?

Do you mean to hide the ip of the admin group?

No, it will hide the ip of the super admin from other admins as well as super moderators and moderators. Just like Ipb has it.

No I mean hide the admin from who's online completely.
That should be possible with a simple template edit.

There'll be a xen:foreach statement... I would guess if within that you did something like:

<xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin}">

It should hide admins from the online list.

Though, of course, if they changed their privacy settings they can stay hidden from the masses anyway.

Actually it isn''t. As the online part has changed in 1.2.x. I forgot all about that. Anyway a 1.2x compatible will soon be released.

Top Bottom