MG 1.1 1.1.6(a) issue with video uploads

Freelancer

Having troubles to upload larger video files (150mb). The progress Bar stops around 27% - 58% every time I try and then freezes. I also have a network traffic monitor on my comp and it shows no traffic between the server and my comp, when it freezes.

Tried different browsers and files and file types. All the same result. It loads normally until it reaches 30 - 60% and then freezes. Looks like it looses connection to the server while loading but only after halfway through.

What could be the problem?

It would be something like post_max_size or max_execution_time in PHP.

Sometimes these values can also be set or overridden by the web server too.

Thanks for the tip, I checked PHPinfo and post_max_size and upload_max_filesize are both 100 mb.... the devil take it, that explains the 60% of 150.... lol... Does this mean both must be set to higher values?

Yeah. I'm sort of surprised you didn't get an error back, though, rather than it just giving up.

If you were to time it from when the upload begins to when it seemingly stops, how long is that? And how long is your max_execution_time value? That could be a factor, too.

I tried it a dozen times and it brought an error once. But only once. A modal that said something like "there was a problem with your file [name]". Otherwise it just stopped.

Checked the max_execution_time and it is 1200. ...is that seconds??? o_O

Yes that's seconds... I think that should be enough ;)

If anything, that's too high. The default is usually around 30, but that's not necessarily enough if a file takes several minutes to upload.

I should mention that it is a shared server, so I need the provider's support team to adapt it.

So what would you recommend the three values should be for smooth operation? As admin I have the video upload set to unlimited. But HD videos are more than 200 mb, would be 500 mb still manageable by XFMG?

Last edited:
We don't have any limits internally, so it's just a case of adjusting the values to what is suitable taking into consideration limits such as the ones we mentioned above, available disk space etc.

Top Bottom