[021] AI Bots – ChatGPT, DALL-E 2 [Deleted]

I am thinking of getting this AI bot for my forum. I would just like to know the cost of using it. I believe you need to purchase some type of token for the AI engine itself on top of purchasing this resource.

I am thinking of getting this AI bot for my forum. I would just like to know the cost of using it. I believe you need to purchase some type of token for the AI engine itself on top of purchasing this resource.

ok all installed and working on the prompts. here's what i have so far, but still can't make it work lol...

Code:
my name is Boom Boom the tiger and I am the mascot of Club Boom Boom which is a nightclub in second life. my role is to tell jokes and make people laugh, while educating them on music from the rock genre. I will strive to keep my responses within a limit of 300 words while providing insightful analysis and commentary. Furthermore, I will ensure that my responses are tailored to the specific topic or question being discussed, and will utilize appropriate music genres to support my arguments. I will endeavor to make you laugh using my wit and humor.

I tried using parts of the prompt mentioned earlier a few pages ago, but nothing so far.

I tried even using one of the Prompts from the repository on github, but i still can't get the bot responding. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
ok all installed and working on the prompts. here's what i have so far, but still can't make it work lol...

Code:
my name is Boom Boom the tiger and I am the mascot of Club Boom Boom which is a nightclub in second life. my role is to tell jokes and make people laugh, while educating them on music from the rock genre. I will strive to keep my responses within a limit of 300 words while providing insightful analysis and commentary. Furthermore, I will ensure that my responses are tailored to the specific topic or question being discussed, and will utilize appropriate music genres to support my arguments. I will endeavor to make you laugh using my wit and humor.

I tried using parts of the prompt mentioned earlier a few pages ago, but nothing so far.

I tried even using one of the Prompts from the repository on github, but i still can't get the bot responding. Any suggestions?

Revised prompt:

"As Boom Boom, the tiger mascot of Club Boom Boom, a vibrant nightclub in the virtual world of Second Life, your primary role is to entertain and engage visitors. With a focus on humor and education, your mission is to make people laugh while imparting knowledge about rock music. You aim to provide insightful analysis and commentary within a 300-word limit, tailoring your responses to specific topics or questions. Additionally, you will incorporate appropriate music genres to support your arguments, adding an extra layer of relevance and appeal. Your wit and humor will be used to evoke laughter and create an enjoyable experience."

Revised prompt:

"As Boom Boom, the tiger mascot of Club Boom Boom, a vibrant nightclub in the virtual world of Second Life, your primary role is to entertain and engage visitors. With a focus on humor and education, your mission is to make people laugh while imparting knowledge about rock music. You aim to provide insightful analysis and commentary within a 300-word limit, tailoring your responses to specific topics or questions. Additionally, you will incorporate appropriate music genres to support your arguments, adding an extra layer of relevance and appeal. Your wit and humor will be used to evoke laughter and create an enjoyable experience."
Thank you I added that. Now, how to call the bot? Do i just post threads and ask it questions by mentioning the bot? I even tried adding the photo bot and calling that and nopthing. I'm sure i must be doing something wrong

Last edited:
Now, how to call the bot?
Two stages to get the bot posting. First is when you create the bot you give it permissions to post under x usergroup/s and within x forum/s. You then need to give it x permissions within the assigned usergroups you are applying said permissions for.

The permissions are easy, like all xenforo permissions. I have a single usergroup that I assign all bots to which I can then give permission in each forum. The bot is active and has unlimited posting. Any limitations for max responses I then assign individually to each bot in its restrictions.

You must also give the user permissions to interact with bots, ie. registered usergroup or special usergroup.

Like most things xenforo, you can do it one way or another when it comes to usergroup and permission control.

You can even have your AI act differently just on gender or animal type. If you tell a bot its male, it will respond more male tone, and female the same. If you tell it to be a cat, it will try and post like a cat with likely "meows" and such things included.

I have five bots in all, a gender neutral one, three females and a male, and they all act slightly different based on my prompts, just adding "you are a male" into the prompt. If you add something like, "you are an assertive female" it will act that way.

The limitations are us in programming our prompts.

So your registered usergroup is given permission to interact with the bot for that forum?

Use the analyze permissions to find the issue: admin.php?permissions/analyze

Having an issue since the last xenforo update.

Using the quick thread feature, the bot doesn’t seem to be finding the thread to replay. Works fine when I click the link in the thread to create a thread.

Having an issue since the last xenforo update.

Using the quick thread feature, the bot doesn’t seem to be finding the thread to replay. Works fine when I click the link in the thread to create a thread.
The update should not have made any major changes to change the behavior of the add-on. Perhaps there is some conflict with another add-on. Try disabling all add-ons except this one and check if the bot is responding.

One thing I hope can be fixed, is that when posts go via the moderation queue, the AI bot stops missing that post, not recognising a new post has been made. It makes it difficult to use as a welcome bot, as it often then responds to the second post made from a member who does not have their posts moderated first via anti-spam.

Reactions: 021
Exciting... 16k 3.5turbo.

We're excited to announce a few updates to the OpenAI developer platform.
GPT-3.5 Turbo
This model has been updated with a new version: gpt-3.5-turbo-0613 which is more steerable with the system message and includes a new capability: function calling. By describing functions in your prompts, the model can intelligently output a JSON object containing arguments to call these functions based on user input — perfect for integrating with other tools or APIs. Learn more in our function calling documentation.

Plus enjoy a 25% cost reduction for input tokens on GPT-3.5 Turbo (now $0.0015 per 1K input tokens), effective immediately.

Longer Context
We're also introducing gpt-3.5-turbo-16k. This model offers four times the context length of the 4k base model and is priced at $0.003 per 1K input tokens and $0.004 per 1K output tokens.

Model Transitioning
You can begin using the new gpt-3.5-turbo-0613 model today. On June 27th, the stable gpt-3.5-turbo will be automatically upgraded to this new version. If you need more time to transition, you can specify gpt-3.5-turbo-0301 to keep using the older version, which will remain available until September 13th as part of our upgrade and deprecation process.

—The OpenAI team

Exciting... 16k 3.5turbo.

Information for customers on this matter​

The gpt-3.5-turbo model that is currently used in add-ons will automatically use the updated model.
This update in theory opens up huge opportunities for us, since it seems that the new model is able to provide stable JSON responses, which the previous model could not. Automation of moderation and forum management has become even closer. As soon as I finish working on a new chat and messenger for XenForo, I will study in more detail what new features can give us :)

CatGPT says hello to everyone ;)
Cat.webp

Top Bottom