XenForo Lite -- Alternadiv

XenForo Lite -- Alternadiv 1.1.2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Visible branding
No

alt⟨div -- peculiar, retro, and other niche XenForo shenanigans

Alternadiv.com is where I make unusual XenForo styles that no one asked for. I do it for fun. I also do it because I find modern web design trends to boring and uninspired.

xf⟨lite -- a customizable utilitarian, lightweight style

'XenForo Lite' is, well... a lightweight, faux archive style for XenForo. It might be useful for a number of reasons, especially if you have visitors with slow or satellite internet.

Forum ListForum ViewThread View
Forum List - Faux Archive.pngForum View - Faux Archive.pngThread View - Faux Archive.png

extra⟨tips

Out of the box, XenForo Lite is pretty brutal; almost all XenForo features are hidden and unusable. However, you can quickly unhide individual hidden elements via extra.less, as desired.

Because this is done only with CSS, there are no XF core template edits. This makes it easy to show or hide elements according to your needs. To unhide something, go to the extra.less template, find /* ===== ANY INDIVIDUAL CLASS BELOW CAN BE REMOVED, and comment out or completely remove the line related to what you want to unhide. I labeled some of the lines you might be looking for.

All widgets are hidden with one line of CSS. If you have some widgets that you want to hide but some that you want to display, remove [data-widget-id] and replace with [data-widget-id="X"]. Put the ID of the widget you want to hide in place of X. Repeat for all widgets you want to hide.

live⟨demo

https://alternadiv.com/demo/misc/style?style_id=3
https://tacoma3g.com/misc/style?style_id=56

screen⟨shots

• BB Code - Faux Archive.webp
    BB Code - Faux Archive.webp
    102.1 KB · Views: 2,802
  • Article Forum - Faux Archive.webp
    Article Forum - Faux Archive.webp
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Article Thread - Faux Archive.webp
    Article Thread - Faux Archive.webp
    167.3 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-13-11 3rd Gen. Toyota Tacomas Tacoma3G.com.webp
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-13-11 3rd Gen. Toyota Tacomas Tacoma3G.com.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-14-17 Account upgrades.webp
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-14-17 Account upgrades.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-14-00 Privacy Policy.webp
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-14-00 Privacy Policy.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-13-42 Media.webp
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-13-42 Media.webp
    89.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-13-29 Forum.webp
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12-13-29 Forum.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 228
Author
Alternadiv
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Alternadiv

Latest updates

1. 1.1.2 - Quick fix

Fixed a mistake I just made with the last file I uploaded
  2. 1.1.1 - Added CSS for consistency

Added extra CSS to better display certain elements if they are unhidden navigation bar, side...
  3. 1.1.0 - Multiple updates

Changed name from "XenForo Archive Mode" to "XenForo Lite" Moved around some CSS for easier...

Latest reviews

This is the ideal style for a low bandwidth option that I want to provide for my users on dialup and sat connections etc. Being able to cherry pick the widgets and buttons that you need and only what you need is perfect.
Alternadiv
Alternadiv
I appreciate the review! I intend to keep updating the style to make the cherry picking more useful and such.
Very unique and perfect for mobile devices that want a limited design, Keep up the amazing and unique work!
Alternadiv
Alternadiv
Hey, thanks for the kind words! This is my first review for what is the beginning of my XF styling venture so I'll definitely remember it. 🖤
Top Bottom