Members recently online 3.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.0
  2. 2.1
  3. 2.2
  4. 2.3
Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Displays a block containing members recently online.

(Example of Members recently online)

pic001.jpg

(Example of Members recently online with show avatars option enabled)

pic002.jpg

(Example of Options page)

pic003.jpg

(Example of User group permissions)

pic004.jpg

Features:

All phrases start with membersrecentlyonline_ for your convenience.

Creating the widget:
  1. Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets
  2. Click Add widget
  3. Widget definition = Members recently online
  4. Widget key = members_recently_online
  5. Title = (leave blank)
  6. Display in positions = Forum list: Sidebar
  7. Click Save.
User group permissions:

By default the following two user group permissions are set to Yes.

Registered
Unregistered / Unconfirmed

Questions and Answers:

Q: I just installed the add-on, how long does it take to populate the Members recently online block?
A: It requires waiting the number of minutes set in the options page for the Members recently online block to be fully updated.

Q: What should I set the Minutes to in the options page?
A: On new forums or forums which get few members visiting, you can set the minutes to a full day (1440 minutes) or even longer.

Q: How can I reduce the Members recently online list?
A: Reduce the minutes in the options page.

Q: Does this add-on honor the "Show your online status" in the users preferences?
A: Only if the Ignore privacy is unchecked in the options page.

Q: What does View as admin mean?
A: If the options page setting Ignore privacy is unchecked, then this user group permission allows viewing those hidden members.

Q: How can I change the widget title?
A: Change the membersrecentlyonline_members_recently_online phrase.
Author
AndyB
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.75 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

Members recently online v3.0. No longer shows banned members.
  2. See description

Members recently online v2.9 changes: Fixed issue with deleted members and showing comma in widget.
  3. See description

Members recently online v2.8 changes: Added code to help prevent occasional server error log.

Latest reviews

Works as promised, thank you. Much appreciated. A great addition to our forum and members like it. Nice options.
Downloaded it, didn't read the part about the widget so I PMed the developer. Literally in a few seconds I received a respond. For $35 you get this plugin on top of hundreds of others. 10/10 would recommend to everyone.
A true must-have addons for forums that don't have a long "Who's Online" user list. Works as described, and the developer is clearly active and listening to feedback as a suggestion I made was implemented next day. Great work!
Another good one from AndyB. I use this in lieu of XF's default Members Online, since XF still insists on imposing a 60 minute limit on user activity. I firmly believe that users seeing more active members online encourages more activity on the forum, which helps smaller forums grow, and this addon helps accomplish that. The only reason I'm docking it a star is because instead of just showing you the total number of users online and a certain initial number of usernames that you the admin have control over, it shows ALL the usernames, so that you can end up with too many names taking up too much real estate on the side bar.
Top Bottom