A number of UI and usability improvements are included in 5.1.2:
- Macros can now have a display order set, which will be respected both in the general macros list and also in the macro selector
- Macros are now collapsed in the macros list. There is a per-user preference to default these to uncollapsed.
- More macros are now displayed per page
- Minor bug fixes
In addition, the following changes were made in 5.1.1, which wasn't posted to the XenForo Community resource manager:
- Fix issue which could cause stickied/closed threads to be un-stickied/opened when an admin replies with a macro
- Various small bug fixes
The 5.1.0 betas have been through enough testing, and I now feel comfortable releasing the moving Post Macros 5.1.0 to a stable release.
Some very minor bugs were fixed in this version:
- Add missing phrase
- Improve handling of merged and deleted users
- Some minor changes to the macros list
- Move controls from the footer to the header, as FA icons
- List the available placeholders when editing/creating a macro
- Add missing pagination elements to admin global macros list
- Fix issue which caused pre-5.1.0 macros to lock and sticky threads, even when they weren't supposed to
- Improve JS compatibility with other add-ons
Post Macros 5.1.0 brings some major changes - the most noticeable being the much improved layout of the front-end macros list. Each macro is now it's own block, making them stand out more and allowing the full range of BB Code to be displayed effectively (the previous layout had the control buttons overlaying tables).
Inactive macros are now listed on a separate page, and both lists are fully paginated - so those with large numbers of macros will no longer be subjected to a horrifically long page.
In addition, Post Macros 5.1.0 contains two new features:
Auto submitting macros are self explanatory - there is a new checkbox when creating a macro, which, if enabled, will cause a reply to be submitted automatically when that macro is used. This can be used to create quick moderator actions (moderation-only macros will be coming in a future version, hang tight!).
- Auto submitting macros
- Custom macro placeholders
Custom macro placeholders is a more significant introduction - and is very powerful. This lets users (and admins, in the case of global macros) to define placeholders in macros that should be entered by the user using the macro when it's used. The placeholders can be defined as required (in which case, the macro cannot be inserted without entering a value), or optional. The placeholders are filled in with an overlay when the macro is selected - see the screenshots.
This is a beta for now, though I've tested it extensively locally, so I expect there to be minimum bugs. Do please test the beta, and let me know if you find any, though!
Note: Post Macros 5.1 requires PHP 7.0 or above and XenForo 2.1 or above.
This version adds interim support for XF 2.1 - version 5.1 is in development, with exciting new features!
Note: Version 5.0.1 requires XF 2.1 and PHP 7. Version 5.1 will also have these requirements.
Note: After upgrade/install you need to add the post macros button to your editor toolbars. This is not done automatically.
Fix bug which caused XenForo boards not hosted at URL root to be incompatible with macros
- Improved macro list display
- Many minor bug fixes
- Stable version
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.