Custom Tabs

Custom Tabs 1.6.3

No permission to download
You can do that already but the problem is that tab child links will inherit parents user groups when you save the parent data, so I will have to add a checkbox that will allow you to choose if childs inherit or not user groups when you save the parent/subparent.

You mean the HTML link target attribute? This Add-on adds tabs via "extraTabs" and it doesn't support target attribute for tabs. It could only work with child links...

I love this addon, thanks!

Any chance to also have an option to show tab NOT if user is in usergroup XYZ?

I have a usergroup "Registered" for ALL members. And some also have a secondary group. And I don't want those who are in secondary group XYZ to see the custom tab #1.

Thanks again for this great add-on and the fast updates!

Another (minor) suggestion would be a checkbox to display a link as bold to highlight it among the others.

I get this error when ticking all boxes for which usergroups I want to view the tab(s).

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'user_groups' at row 1
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1640
XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1609
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Siropu/CustomTabs/ControllerAdmin.php at line 61
Siropu_CustomTabs_ControllerAdmin->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/admin.php at line 13

I will add user criteria in the next release and this problem won't be anymore. Hopefully on Wednesday.

This is a great addon. I had a few questions.

* Is it possible to 'disable/move' existing tabs?
* Is it possible to show child forums in the sub navbar?
* Is it possible to use [ b ], [ u ] or [ i ] to bold, underline or italic the Tab names?

This add-on manages only the tabs/links you add, it doesn't touches other tabs.
You have to add every link manually.
You can't use html or bb code. I could implement this and target blank and nofollow using javascript for tabs but I don't know if it's a good idea. I will see if I can implement custom tabs using a different approach to allow more control over the tabs code.

Siropu updated Custom Tabs with a new update entry:

New Features

I have added user criteria so that you can have more control over the tab user permissions.

I have added the options to apply inline CSS to change the color and style of the tabs and child links and also open tab/link in new window and nofollow.

The attributes for the main tabs are applied using preg_replace which I don't like but couldn't find a cleaner method so if someone knows a better approach, please let me know.

NOTE: Updating to this version requires re-applying the user...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom