XF2.3 feedback and comments

You can run a separate script to check for instanceof() of a library before you then load it into the page - so user end won't see an issue.

But yes if you package the scripts with your addon instead of using a cdn delivery method then there is chances of multiple instances of the same library being in the download packages but we're talking kilobytes.
I’m just observing what I see in the WordPress ecosystem where I have seen plugins fighting to include multiple copies of the React libraries - and we’re not talking kilobytes at that point. Last site I had to fix had 10MB of duplicated JS being loaded per page from all the plugins.

Finally activated with FTTP. Hopefully things won't be too slow on here except for the release of 2.3 and 3.0 when they arrive.
Am looking forward to actually seeing it.
That last HYS thread has got me thinking of great things.

Is there a cli command for "Rebuild post embed metadata"...

It seems to process every single post which would take a lot of time on the web. Cli command list does not seem to indicate anything imo.

xf-dev:rebuild-caches is probably not it.

Also... Has anyone tried webp conversion of profile images and banners?

It processes everything at my end but the images remain jpegs/pngs. I opened a bunch from ftp so there are no caching issues. And opened them in an image editor to see if they were webps. nope.

Attachments did convert to webp file so it does not seem like a server issue.

Also noticed that avatars and profile banners do not get the same treatment as attachments wrt file sizes. A large dimensioned image that uploads just fine as attachment gives an error for file size when used as avatars or profile banners. Just a fyi lol. It does seem that they are not resized at user end before upload which might be causing this issue. I couldn't find any setting for profile banner/avatar size limit so it is probably controlled by Maximum attachment file size!

Can anyone check if floating notices are working for them? My upgraded test build is not showing existing floating notices. Would test a bit more later today. Too much work to maintain another fresh build of beta 👹. I wish xf provided demo builds of betas at least so that one can compare a bunch of stuff with demo installs 😬

Can anyone check if floating notices are working for them? My upgraded test build is not showing existing floating notices. Would test a bit more later today. Too much work to maintain another fresh build of beta 👹. I wish xf provided demo builds of betas at least so that one can compare a bunch of stuff with demo installs 😬
Post it up as a bug mate

Top Bottom