Description with topics? Moving and sorting comments?

ChristineAZ

Hello, over 20 years ago I used Discusware, the most amazing Perl forum with 100% control over everything. I can still use it today, but it has awkward formatting codes, has not been updated, out of business.

For years I paid for vBulletin 3 but their support sucked too and from what I just read, I don't think so, especially since they don't even disclose how much renewals are.

I liked SimplePress, but their business model was to require membership for the support forum, so I paid for forum access to get the code to fix their buggy theme and next time they updated the theme, the same bugs were there again, and I had to AGAIN pay for forum support to get the identical problem fixed. Their business model of pushing buggy "updates" and making me pay to fix THEIR problems doesn't work for me.

Been using other free wordpress plugins, but am tempted to pay a few bucks and your renewal is affordable.

I'm just not sure about the features. I'm not selling stuff, not looking for "community" -- it's a reference and how-to forum. I'm always happy to lose a member because I helped them solve their problem and they can go on to enjoy their life, hopefully outdoors away from screens :)

Do you have a listing of features and plugins somewhere?

Thanks,

Christine

I just checked at https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ and it looks like you got all the descriptions, exactly what I'm looking for.

What about moving / sorting topics and comments?

Was also wondering about image pasting, glad to see it's not necessary to upload files.

Is it possible to adjust the size? Yes it is! I resized editing the post. Is it possible to adjust the default image size?

1711163584094.webp

I'm almost sold :)

Last edited:
it's a reference and how-to forum.
I can think of several plug ins that would be of benefit... they are all from the same developer.
Article Management System
Review Management System
Link Directory

the site I am staff on uses all three and they have gobs of features in them.
when you say tag line, or you talking about a short blurb other than the more detailed description, or are you talking about tags?
if tags they should be available on posts if they are enabled in the permissions for the user.

I can think of several plug ins that would be of benefit... they are all from the same developer.
Article Management System
Review Management System
Link Directory

Thanks, Opus X!

the site I am staff on uses all three and they have gobs of features in them.
when you say tag line, or you talking about a short blurb other than the more detailed description, or are you talking about tags?
if tags they should be available on posts if they are enabled in the permissions for the user.

Interesting site, just did some reading there. I attached a screenshot of my old forum 20 years ago. I was looking for descriptions as in the screenshot with every topic, easily update with the current status saving thousands of clicks and countless hours of reading.

I've considered tags too, but they usually get away from me, too many.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 22-16-07 - Credit Forum.webp
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 22-16-07 - Credit Forum.webp
    128.1 KB · Views: 13
just wanted to also mention if that is what you were asking about, you can add icons into the descriptions also.
that is what the admin at the site I am staff on did some way.

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 7.10.06 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 7.10.20 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 7.12.39 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 7.12.50 PM.webp

Top Bottom