XF2.3 feedback and comments

Seems like only 1 post per page will unfurl at a time now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240130_213537_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20240130_213537_com.android.chrome.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 52
Has anyone reported that the reaction bar isn't showing in the media lightbox? Clicking "Like" takes you to an action confirmation page:

action confirm.webp

It was also happening for me until just now. Took a hard refresh to with dev tools open to get it working.

Is there not any kind of cache busting system for when js changes are made?

Alerts have been very buggy for some time. The alert bubble does not show, but if I click on the icon then I see the alerts. After that I see the alert bubble.
Have been getting that too within the app. Because it comes up as a bookmark only it doesn't seem to give out the alerts.

https://emojipedia.org/maracas 🪇

So... Not sure if this is the right place to post this. The above emoji does not work on Xenforo. Not on the current stable build. Not here on 2.3. As per the link above, it was added to unicode in 2022. So, I assume that the latest stable build and 2.3 here should have the updated libraries to support it. It's possible that there are other emojis that probably do not work as well but I recently used this on my own board and it just disappeared on posting. 🪇

Tbh, I am not sure why XF cannot support all emojis if the forum is set to use native emojis. Anyways. Just posting here as a fyi! 🪇

(Behavior here is very weird tbh. Sometimes it does appear on preview. I made a test thread and it disappeared on posting. I am not sure if it would appear here on posting. I have it added multiple times in this post. 🪇 🪇 🪇

Ok. Did a bit more testing. And it disappears if it is left at the end of the post. Other emojis do not have this issue. So I am not sure what's going on here. On the latest build installed on my board, it disappears even if some text exists after the emoji.

Screenshot from demo forum.

1709931441869.webp

Ten of this emoji after this text here and they would not appear as they just vanish:

Last edited:
User tagging seems buggy on xenforo.com since xf2. 3
If I try to tag someone and start to type the name in lower caps then the name (with caps) accurately displays but when I click on it, the username tag link doesn't appear.

I just encountered this again when trying to tag @DragonByte Tech

If I try to tag someone and start to type the name in lower caps then the name (with caps) accurately displays but when I click on it, the username tag link doesn't appear.

Have encountered this too.

Have encountered this too.

Yeah same issue I've been having as well.
(ie: the non-functional user tagging)

Am also finding unexpected image BB code fragments often manifest at random within my posts text, after hitting ['Post reply'].

thread tagging seems to be sort of visually broken right here. the text box does not expand so the tags appear floating. especially if you dump a bunch of them from an external text editor. not sure if i should create a bug report for this.

Attachments

• 1710361406040.webp
    1710361406040.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 15
Its gone quiet again from the devs.

Whilst I appreciate that the team are likely to be pushing 1s and 0s around , it would be great to have some form of update from the team. Just a snippet of info or whats being worked on / held up by. Are there any new timelines?

I am wanting to implement some of the features I have seen in the HYS. It feels like I have had the carrot dangled but am now chasing it.

Its gone quiet again from the devs.

Whilst I appreciate that the team are likely to be pushing 1s and 0s around , it would be great to have some form of update from the team. Just a snippet of info or whats being worked on / held up by. Are there any new timelines?

I am wanting to implement some of the features I have seen in the HYS. It feels like I have had the carrot dangled but am now chasing it.
They're busy. 🤦‍♀️
They can't be on the forum chatting and doing their work

This has been happening since the day they installed 2.3 here and still hasn't been fixed, probably wouldn't hold your breath on it being fixed anytime soon :(
It's literally the first bug in the list in the first post in this thread, which was posted 4 1/2 months ago. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf2-3-feedback-and-comments.217957/#post-1657342

At first I was annoyed by the delay but now I am genuinely concerned that something awful has happened to someone in the dev team. This isn't how we've seen things go down in the past. Fixing bugs in the dogfood release always seemed like a priority.

This has been happening since the day they installed 2.3 here and still hasn't been fixed, probably wouldn't hold your breath on it being fixed anytime soon :(
Oh and you and your impatient mates are fuming over it because of how long it's taking them. Maybe you just need to wait.

Top Bottom