Xenforo Extended Smilies

Xenforo Extended Smilies 1k

No permission to download
I'm thinking we need to get a copy of Despicable Me sent over to Shelley for reference. :D

Or maybe the cake I just found.. Make it happen @Kim :)

despicable_me__minion_cake_by_sparks1992-d5v1991.jpg

Hello Shelley,

thank you...they are beatiful! Please, I am not a master of css sprites :D Could you explain me how add your smilies...using the function of xenforo for css sprites?

Thanks!

Shelley I'm working on setting up smilies for AVForums prior to going live with Xenforo in August. We have a few smilies which don't have appropriate replacements in the standard set or this extended set. I would, of course, like to try and get some Shelley/Xenforo style replacements and I wonder if I could offer some suggestions? I'm not looking for animated smilies because I put smilies into my own sprite.
Some of these might need to be bigger than 18x18. Probably 36x18 or even 36x36.

xyxwave.gif
hiya
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup
luxhello.gif
clap
znaika.gif
lesson
suicide.gif
suicide
please.gif
lease
spam.gif
spam (I know you have a spam smiley, but it's hard to read the text - specially by us old folks)
offtopic.gif
offtopic
facepalm.gif
facepalm (I think it's a little tricky to see that yours is a facepalm)
rtfm.gif
rtfm
party.gif
arty
beer_yum.gif
beer

Many thanks

Shelley,

Thank you very much for sharing this pack of smilies, very nice!

I did run into one problem using the sprite and SQL importer. It seems nearly all of them have been imported with the exception of maybe 7-8 smilies being blank such as this...

missing.webp

Not sure if this is in error of the SQL file or the sprite?

Thanks again!

Shelley,

Thank you very much for sharing this pack of smilies, very nice!

I did run into one problem using the sprite and SQL importer. It seems nearly all of them have been imported with the exception of maybe 7-8 smilies being blank such as this...

View attachment 50067

Not sure if this is in error of the SQL file or the sprite?

Thanks again!

Hi woodie,

Any queries and questions regarding the importer and/or sql should be posted and directed to either waindigo or sheldon which ever resource you used. Though looking at the screenshot it could be it's a path related or cache issue

Hi @Shelley!

Do you have a hug smiley? I couldn't see one in the pack. If not, would you be interested in creating one?

Hi @Shelley!

Do you have a hug smiley? I couldn't see one in the pack. If not, would you be interested in creating one?

Probably not enough room to get two smilies in Lee and I'm adamant about not going over the 18px square dimensions. I'll certainly give the design a try but can't promise anything. It'll be sometime before i make the next update for this pack though since I've moved on from this and focusing on other xf projects. :)

Okay, thanks! :) I appreciate the effort.

Could you do an arms open smiley? Probably not enough space for that either. Like a "come here for a hug" smiley.

Okay, thanks! :) I appreciate the effort.

Could you do an arms open smiley? Probably not enough space for that either. Like a "come here for a hug" smiley.

I'll certainly attempt it. By all means throw any suggestions you want to see included (it certainly doesn't hurt to ask) if I like the suggestion (most of them i do) I always attempt the design and alert the person suggesting it that it'll be included in the next update.

For your hugging one I was thinking something along the lines of >> hugging.gif but it's just the space may be the restriction here it wouldn't be animated either. If I get either design accomplished i'll be sure to let you know. :)

Thanks! Appreciate that.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know ;)

I gave the hugging one an attempt but the restriction is the space so I extended the width (retained the height so text formatting isn't compromised) but it's slightly more width. I'll post it now since i won't include it in the pack but thought you would have a use for it @Lee . >>>> hug.webp

Edit: Variation 2 with blushing effects. hug1.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom