Xen Notices [Deleted]

I don't like my forum cluttered with pop ups covering the content, it's annoying and users complain on small devices, the notification works well on a desktop and clears the content.
No it doesn't clear the content on a desktop. I just viewed your site as a guest, pulled up a thread and the 'not logged in' notification overlays the posts. Also if viewing in 1024x768 resolution, the notification partly obscures some of the forums on the main page. Then of course in most resolutions (I'm using 1366x768) it still obscures content in the sidebar.

Frankly if you're that bothered about it obscuring anything, you'd be better off using the built-in notices system as this will never obscure content whereas notifications is always likely to obscure something at some resolution on someone's screen.

You have had suggestions for the code. I have asked some questions about why it might not be working. If you're not going to respond to my questions, I can't really help you :)
the notification works fine, as i explained to @Martok - I don't like the popups notice annoying the regular members on iPhones and iPads, yes, it shows in
No it doesn't clear the content on a desktop. I just viewed your site as a guest, pulled up a thread and the 'not logged in' notification overlays the posts. Also if viewing in 1024x768 resolution, the notification partly obscures some of the forums on the main page. Then of course in most resolutions (I'm using 1366x768) it still obscures content in the sidebar.

Frankly if you're that bothered about it obscuring anything, you'd be better off using the built-in notices system as this will never obscure content whereas notifications is always likely to obscure something at some resolution on someone's screen.
Oops - after returning on the add on - forgot to add page criteria! :whistle: I am not that concerned by the desk top, the complaints from members is always from a mobile device - including the iPad.

@tommydamic68

Let's start again. I know your notifications work. I'm trying to help you work out why they are still showing to your mobile users.

Remove any existing code related to Notifications in EXTRA.css.

Replace it with:

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
    .Responsive #GritterContainer {display:none;}
}

Does it still show to iPad users? If it does, what orientation is their iPad in? Landscape or portrait or both?

@Chris Deeming - thanks for the help, I didn't think I would have to do this much work for a simple solution for an add on I paid for. No worries. :D

???

@tommydamic68

Let's start again. I know your notifications work. I'm trying to help you work out why they are still showing to your mobile users.

Remove any existing code related to Notifications in EXTRA.css.

Replace it with:

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
    .Responsive #GritterContainer {display:none;}
}

Does it still show to iPad users? If it does, what orientation is their iPad in? Landscape or portrait or both?

???
The code has been added as you suggested to the EXTRA.css, it DOES show on the iPad in landscape mode only, can this be worked around?
Thanks,

You can't. They are normally defined in PHP code.

However, if you right click on a tab and do Inspect Element, you will see the tab ID as one of the class names:

This is on this site:

upload_2013-12-19_19-8-48.webp

Tab ID for Resource Manager is "resources".

Press F12 in your browser and go to the Console tab. See if there are any errors logged in there after you have clicked the Preview button.

Editor (TinyMCE) does not work :(. Turn it on in the settings. And he is not.
What to do?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Top Bottom