Xen Notices [Deleted]

And the Xenforo Notice system doesn't get this done?

Think of it as preference. I myself have abandoned using the xenforo notice system and find notifications replaces that and is my solution that works best. Why?

- Reason Martok gave
- Easier to customise (far far easier to customize)
- Takes up less space

Basically, notifications is easier to manage, work with (customizing it) since you have access to notifications from the frontend as well as the backend (admincp). There's no rule that states people have to use the core system, sometimes, not often a 3rd party solution will work better for any given person and then there's some that will happily use that core feature as well as the 3rd party solution.

Not trying to get you to buy it, or change your mind since reading back and that you don't like popups perhaps this add-on isn't for you. If your happy using the notice system, stick with that.

how can I change the width without this streak happening on my site? It only happens if i choose to show it on the right side.

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 2.20.57 PM.webp

Last edited:
Actually - its not just my site, i viewed another site with this add on and it has the same streak, appears to happen in safari, not there in chrome.

Actually - its not just my site, i viewed another site with this add on and it has the same streak, appears to happen in safari, not there in chrome.
Sounds like a browser issue rather than this add on?

Does my site show this streak when viewed in Safari?

Sounds like a browser issue rather than this add on?

Does my site show this streak when viewed in Safari?
Yes, Not on all versions of Safari, just 6.05 on my laptop. on my mac desktop - 6.1 does not do the mystery streaking.

Last edited:
Hi, i just buy your nice addon

It's like all my notification are dismissible (cross to close)??

here is my setting
in the notification tab Notification is dismissible (unchecked)

in the notification option tab Enable temporary dismissal (unchecked)

Any idea

Thank for your work

Then it is working as expected.

The temporary dismissal option sets a cookie which ranges from a session based cookie that is only valid during the current browser session to any number of days. The permanent dismissal option only applies to registered members, and logs the dismissal in the database so it can never return.

If you disable both options then you can close the notification, but it will pop up on every page. This is done because otherwise you could have notifications that cover important elements on the page such as buttons or links and that would effectively ruin the user experience.

Then it is working as expected.

The temporary dismissal option sets a cookie which ranges from a session based cookie that is only valid during the current browser session to any number of days. The permanent dismissal option only applies to registered members, and logs the dismissal in the database so it can never return.

If you disable both options then you can close the notification, but it will pop up on every page. This is done because otherwise you could have notifications that cover important elements on the page such as buttons or links and that would effectively ruin the user experience.

Thank you,

more question, how to display notifcation in a giving order?

is it possible to display numbers of member? For exemple

like our (numbersmember) members, join us!

Thank you

Thanks

Last edited:
Need some help please. How to get the notification section from left to right? tried myself for hours but can't get it done.

thnx for helping me out

ouch.webp

Thank you,

more question, how to display notifcation in a giving order?

is it possible to display numbers of member? For exemple

like our (numbersmember) members, join us!

Thank you

Thanks
There's no display order currently. The number of registered members isn't an available parameter currently. You'd have to hard code it in with words such as: "like our over 10,000 members, join us!".

Need some help please. How to get the notification section from left to right? tried myself for hours but can't get it done.

thnx for helping me out

View attachment 61362
It's not possible with an option. You can turn the navigation tab off in the options so that doesn't appear. Then you'd just need to edit the relevant template to add the link where you want it.

Top Bottom