Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chris D : in XMG 2.06 i have albums with images (imported from vB4 via sonnB). How can I make any image from the album to the cover image of the album?

There is no album cover feature.

It has been suggested, though.

If your albums currently display "No media has been uploaded" instead of actual thumbnails, these can be rebuilt in Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Rebuilds > Rebuild Album Thuumbnails.

The correct behaviour is that upon hovering over an album, a number of thumbnails will cycle through.

In version 2.1 this behaviour is improved slightly. (There's an issue in 2.0.6 where some of them can randomly cycle through and not stop until the page reloads.).

Reactions: rhs
@Chris D

I just wanted to clarify a few things. You mentioned that in a future update, users will have the ability to upload videos directly to the site (self-hosted). Definitely liking that functionality there, especially the plans with flowplayer.

Was it mentioned whether or not the ability of importing from XenMedio was possible in this future update? That's not a must for me, but I would like it.

Personally I am just waiting for this update for me to purchase. All in all, I think it's a good deal (even with the planned price increase), especially since it is brand-free right out of the box.

There is already a Xen Medio importer.

Self hosted videos is proving incredibly tricky.

There's a lot of factors. First of all, most customers are unlikely to have the server resources required to transcode the videos being uploaded (not without adversely affecting normal server operation). So that in itself leaves me considering other alternatives. Maybe not transcoding the videos. But that then leaves a mismatch of videos that can be viewed on some devices by some users, and not on other devices by other users. So then I think, should I just leave it in the hands of the admin - a bit like I think Xen Medio works. Where you put the videos in a directory and point FlowPlayer at it. The latter is certainly the most straight forward, but sadly it's also the least impressive and least flexible.

So I'm not sure what to do. But one thing is for sure, I'm not going to release a solution that's half hearted. I want to get a good balance of the right features and something that is solid and available to most if not all current customers.

So, I'm considering options very carefully. Sadly, it means I'm not going to be rushing into it.

There's a lot of factors. First of all, most customers are unlikely to have the server resources required to transcode the videos being uploaded (not without adversely affecting normal server operation). So that in itself leaves me considering other alternatives. Maybe not transcoding the videos. But that then leaves a mismatch of videos that can be viewed on some devices by some users, and not on other devices by other users. So then I think, should I just leave it in the hands of the admin - a bit like I think Xen Medio works. Where you put the videos in a directory and point FlowPlayer at it. The latter is certainly the most straight forward, but sadly it's also the least impressive and least flexible.

Maybe you could offer the transcoding option as a paid XMG addon?

Please add that option. Video upload is going to cost plenty of server resources anyway, so better go all the way and add transcoding for those that have a dedicated server or will add a VPS.

If I gave an answer it could set a false expectation and not be accurate.

You don't want me to lie to you. You don't want me to tell you the wrong date. So the only answer I can give is "when it is ready".

photopost and several other galleries support video upload. I assume that an importer for this is tied to the video upload / hosting function.

Hi there,

Looking to add in a random media block utilizing the widget framework (much like on XenMediaGallery.com). Using the Advance Template Renderer option, how exactly would I pull together random media?

Thanks

Hey Chris, is there an option to allow for users to upload mass photos from a zip file (restricted by usergroup)? I typically have users who attend racing events, take a lot of photos, and upload them to Photobucket because it's easy to upload large amounts of photos. Would like them to upload those photos to our site instead.

We've been dragging Photopost 'Pro' with us for the past 10 years. Went from UBB.threads to Vbulletin and now happily running xenforo. Really waiting for the day we can finally leave that monster behind us and import all our pics to XMG. Go Chris! (y) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom