Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Releasing a beta wouldn't make a difference in this case. There is not going to be a Photopost or Photopost Pro importer in 2.1.

That is not what Beta generally means. This is currently a private beta.

It was purchased at the time for a new forum that never happened in the end, so hence I am sitting in this situation with a possible solution to the error issue on Photopost . It is not an option to lose the current gallery content even for a short while.
That's unfortunate.

Some people have converted from Photopost Pro via other gallery solutions, but that is of course an additional cost and the structure of the galleries may not be identical so it may not be as smooth as a native importer.

I don't expect any one to have to go out there and do that, but it is another option aside from waiting.

Releasing a beta wouldn't make a difference in this case. There is not going to be a Photopost or Photopost Pro importer in 2.1.

That is not what Beta generally means. This is currently a private beta.

Well what are the new features in Beta 4 that we are looking forward to? Simple bug fixes like the user change log media updates are still being waited on. And then highly requested features such as Photopost importers are not going to make it now. Kind of wondering what needs to be private about the Beta and why an almost 70 dollar gallery can't have all customers be in the "private" Beta.

Because a private beta is private. It wouldn't be a private beta if all customers had access to it. And the reason it is a private beta is because it simply isn't ready to be in the hands of customers yet. I want people to ensure they have the best possible experience while using the gallery beta or no beta.

There will be a public beta when I consider the gallery to be feature locked.

If there are any particularly frustrating or annoying bugs, please make a new thread at http://xenmediagallery.com in the customer area or locate the "Fixed" bug report and comment on that. I'll happily help mitigate the bugs where possible prior to 2.1 release.

Beta is suppose to be feature complete barring certain circumstances. When you release 3 Betas and are adding a "I'm adding more stuff to it" to the last Beta it gets frustrating. Especially when you just tell someone that one of the most requested things will not be in 2.1.

There hasn't been a maintenance release since the Beta 1 announcement. At nearly half the price of a xenForo license there needs to be some structure and expectations for people on what we are going to get and when.

@Chris D
Thanks you.!!
But I think you should make it easier to use like Facebook.
There is one more error,when I select the Media as Avatar.It will reload the page, the image can not be displayed

Last edited:
Can you be monetarily persuaded above/beyond the license cost to create a photopost pro importer next? I've been sitting on a broken gallery since I converted.
Note, I don't care about videos... it's just users and their albums/pics.

Anyone else with photopost and waiting to convert willing to chip in to fund this development effort?

Last edited:
Can you be monetarily persuaded above/beyond the license cost to create a photpost pro importer next? I've been sitting on a broken gallery since I converted.

Anyone else with photopost and waiting to convert willing to chip in to fund this development effort?
If you only have images to be imported and are willing to throw money at the problem, there is a roundabout solution.

XenGallery from Sonnb (http://www.sonnb.com/resources/sonnb-xengallery-xenforo-gallery.13/) has a few different PhotoPost importers. XenMediaGallery has a XenGallery importer. You could go PhotoPost => XenGallery => XenMediaGallery.

The disadvantage would be I don't know if anybody has actually done that yet and so your results may not be up to what you're expecting or even successful. The advantage would be that you wouldn't need to wait for an official XenMediaGallery importer while picking up a license for another add-on that you could use elsewhere.

Yes, I'm aware of that... and it's that exact route that I'm trying to avoid. It's not about the money, it's about getting it to work right.

Can you be monetarily persuaded above/beyond the license cost to create a photpost pro importer next? I've been sitting on a broken gallery since I converted.

Well it would also depend on if @Chris D would even be willing to do this. It does seem that we have a few of us just sitting waiting to move over if we could get an importer for it

To be clear: I will never take additional money from people to get features to jump the queue. I don't see this as being fair on a number of levels. It isn't fair to you, for a start, because it implies you have to pay to get something I was going to implement any way. It's also not fair to others who want other importers to be developed and other features just as much as you want this one.

The best way to steer the development towards getting specific features developed quicker is to show support for them. I don't need you to go and post "I need this", or post and say "When are you doing this", just click "Like" on the first post. I regularly view this forum and indeed specifically the Importers prefix in this view:

http://xenmediagallery.com/forums/suggestions.8/?prefix_id=13&order=first_post_likes

It shows me all threads that are requesting importers ordered by the number of people who liked the first post. This is a good indication for me as to what people want. Oh. Look what's on the top ;)

Great addon. I looked the demo and looks like video share to Facebook dont add any image. Only video title :(

Do you plan add better video share to Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom