Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
with this addon can my users upload videos directly on my forum?
And if yes were are the videos stored?
And do the stored videos locally have a player?
This is planned for a future version. Currently video support is provided by embedding media from any site that supports the XenForo BB Code Media site system.

When the feature is there to upload videos, they will be stored in the attachment system just like normal attachments and photos. There will be a player too, yes. Like Flowplayer.

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before, but I can't find it:
How can I limit who can see full size images? I want guests only to see the thumbnails. Thanks :)
That's not possible. The gallery is geared around only showing you the thumbnails of the media items you're allowed to see based on permissions and privacy options. So if a guest can see the thumbnail, they can also see the full size image. You can completely prevent guest access, or you can prevent guests from viewing categories. It's also possible that user albums might be created as members only.

I might have asked this earlier, but is it possible to block all ads from appearing in this section, including individual media elements.

Use a conditional statement array: <xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('x', 'y', 'z'))">

Where x, y, and z are the template names.

Which templates have those ads been placed in?

You might be able to add conditionals around them.

Yes.

All you may need to do is, after install, go to Admin CP > Route Filters > and find: xengallery/ in the list.

Click that and change the value "media/" to something else (whatever you like).

The reason for this is, by default Xen Medio URLs are media/ and Xen Media Gallery is also media/ so if you change that value then they can work side by side.

It's worth noting, however, that Xen Media Gallery does include an importer from Xen Medio.

Have you looked at the Xen Media Gallery features yet? Is there anything you feel is missing that would prevent you from moving everything over to Xen Media Gallery?

It's worth noting, however, that Xen Media Gallery does include an importer from Xen Medio.

Have you looked at the Xen Media Gallery features yet? Is there anything you feel is missing that would prevent you from moving everything over to Xen Media Gallery?
I like the widgets and the video media that it supports. I like your gallery better but I think the new media block could use a little work. Over all I think your set up is better and your support is defiantly better!! : )

This is planned for a future version. Currently video support is provided by embedding media from any site that supports the XenForo BB Code Media site system.

When the feature is there to upload videos, they will be stored in the attachment system just like normal attachments and photos. There will be a player too, yes. Like Flowplayer.

That's not possible. The gallery is geared around only showing you the thumbnails of the media items you're allowed to see based on permissions and privacy options. So if a guest can see the thumbnail, they can also see the full size image. You can completely prevent guest access, or you can prevent guests from viewing categories. It's also possible that user albums might be created as members only.
when it will have this then i will buy it.

Welcome to Xen Media Gallery 2.1 :)

As you probably know I've been hard at work with 2.1 and as a result I'm pleased to announce that Xen Media Gallery 2.1 has been installed here for your testing.

I have only announced a fraction of the new features so far. So I thought you may want to see the full changelog:
  • Restructured navigation menu to avoid overcrowding and quick access to some new features
  • Added the ability to watch categories for new media
  • Added the ability to watch albums for new comments and media
  • Added the ability to watch media for new comments
  • User preferences to allow a user to be set to automatically watch content after adding media/comment.
  • New Watched content pages list all content you are watching.
  • You can watch content without notification, with alerts, with emails or both.
  • Refactored some code relating to category view permissions.
  • Added new permission "View categories".
  • Restructured the layout of the permissions page (Media, Album and Category permissions now at the top of the page).
  • Some new logic to hide categories where a user might not have permission to view any.
  • Added the ability to be able to associate custom fields with a category while editing or creating a category.
  • Fixed an issue with the output of comments when they are reported.
  • Added ability to issue warnings for comments
  • Added ability to issue warnings for albums
  • Added ability to issue warnings for media
  • Added ability to use the spam cleaner on media, albums and comments.
  • Added ability to approve/unapprove comments including a permission to bypass the moderation queue or not (NOTE: You will need to set this new permission accordingly as soon as you upgrade as all new comments will be moderated by default).
  • Added ability to inline moderate albums with edit, delete and change privacy options (users can also inline manage their own media in the same way).
  • Added ability to inline moderate comments with edit, delete, approve and unapprove.
  • Fixed bug where shared albums may not appear in "Albums Shared With You"
  • Improved accessibility of user media/albums on user media/albums pages.
  • Implemented a process that can take care of some clean up tasks (particularly cached EXIF data).
  • Included a rebuild process for rebuilding the number of album comments
  • Included a rebuild process for rebuilding the number of media comments
  • Prefixed media_count, album_count and media_quota fields in xf_user with xengallery_ to reduce the risk of future core/third party clashes
  • Added media and album stats to the member profile.
  • Added most media and most albums to the Notable Members page.
  • Changed method used to increment / decrement a user's media and album counts
  • Added functionality to override the default style on gallery pages.
  • Added time limit on editing/deleting own comment.
  • Changed behaviour of time limit restriction on editing or deleting own comment or media so that the permission to edit any will not be subject to the time limit.
  • Implemented the ability to be able to load a recent comments block anywhere. Just include this line of code in any template:
    Code:
    <xen:callback class="XenGallery_Callback" method="getCommentsForBlock" params="{xen:array 'limit=20', 'title=Recent Gallery Comments'}" />
  • Implemented big changes to member tagging:
    • New permissions, allowing a member to tag themselves in any media, delete their tags from any media.
    • By default a member must approve a tag before it is visible (they get an alert with an approve/reject link)
  • Navigation tab position and phrase key can now be set in options
  • Fixed issue with album thumbs that would randomly begin to cycle or carry on cycling when not hovered over.
  • Slightly changed icon and tooltip on the add media screen. The icon and tooltip now read "Add" rather than "Download".
  • Fixed error when marking album or media viewed.
  • Fixed issue where rating would disappear after rating a comment.
  • Fixed issue when deleting an album
  • Fixed incorrect URL in template possibly causing 404 crawl errors.
  • Implemented new system for moving media:
    • New permissions:
      • Move own media to any category / own album
      • Move any media to any category / own album
      • Move media to any album
    • Dedicated overlay for moving media.
    • Mass move media using inline moderation
  • Changed thumbnail image for albums that contain no media.
  • Inline moderation can now be used by everyone, everywhere on items they have permission to manage.
  • Implemented a number of CSS and HTML fixes suggested by @Arty (thank you).
  • Fixed issue with moving media between albums.
  • Replaced BxSlider with Owl Carousel.
  • Implemented some new style properties to support the new slider.
  • Fixed bug when rebuilding EXIF data.
  • JS is minified by default (not minified with debug mode enabled) and a separate cache buster ensures there are no JS caching issues after updates.
  • Implemented vB3 and vB4 importers.
  • XF 1.3 exclusive: An editor button provides an easy way of accessing your media and sharing it in posts.
  • XF 1.3 exclusive: Rearrange the order of your albums with presets (date desc/asc, a-z desc/asc) or manually with click and drag.
It is likely that we will see one or two more additional features prior to release, but I am looking forward to hearing your feedback as once again Xen Media Gallery 2.1 evolves into a much more mature, functional and ultimately fun product for your community.

Thank you to everyone for your support so far :)

Wow, @Chris Deeming ... you have been busy!

I've not had much chance to play around with XMG yet, but I know when I get round to it, it'll be amazing.

Thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into XMG.

Wow :)

What I need most, is the vB4 importer... Thank you! :love:

I actually used Jake Bunce's VB4 Importer that makes the VB4 galleries into threads - but I don't really have a way to use them or do anything with them yet from what I've researched.

Is there any functionality in Xen Media Gallery that will allow me to do anything useful as far as importing that content into it at this time, or what is the recommended course of action with trying to import vb4 galleries?

Version 2.1 which is currently in beta testing now includes a VB4 albums importer.

If you still have your old VB database and files, you can import them directly into Xen Media Gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom