Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

At the risk of the question having been asked more than 20 times, how about the IPB 3 importer? Just how big are the differences between the IPB 3 & XF DB schema's? :p
Yes I need an IPB3 importer too, but only when a decent article system with forum integration + front page is able to be implemented. So I can wait.

For my other site I just need XF though :)

I highly doubt they will release confidential company information such as that into the public domain.

True. But the accounts of all UK limited companies are public record - and so depending on the eventual size of the business, it'll be possible to get some idea of how things are going. Same was true with Jelsoft.

Let me just reiterate that while there is not a vB4 importer now, the differences in DB schema between vB3.8 and vB4.0 are negligible. The only really major change is in the way attachments are stored, so it's not going to be an insurmountable task to have a vB4 importer ready for the 1.0 release, if not the October beta.
Awesome!
Hey, maybe you can release a beta version of the vb4 importer too :D
First release covers the basics, threads/post/forums/users, etc...
Second release covers things like attachments, images, thank yous, infractions, etc...

Thats if the attachment system proves to be more of a challenge. I would assume that the large majority of customers would forgo attachments and the like in order to get an importer right away.

Awesome!
Hey, maybe you can release a beta version of the vb4 importer too :D
First release covers the basics, threads/post/forums/users, etc...
Second release covers things like attachments, images, thank yous, infractions, etc...

Thats if the attachment system proves to be more of a challenge. I would assume that the large majority of customers would forgo attachments and the like in order to get an importer right away.
There's no reason it would be more of a challenge - it's just different. And as there are far, far more vB 3.x installations out there than vB 4.x, those are the ones we have primarily targeted.

There's no reason it would be more of a challenge - it's just different. And as there are far, far more vB 3.x installations out there than vB 4.x, those are the ones we have primarily targeted.
Kier, do you know of anyone (yet) proposing to offer a full upgrade service - 3.8.x -> XF?

Strictly speaking that would be an import rather than an upgrade, but if the terminology fits... ;)
User: Jerry said elsewhere in this Forum that he would very likely be writing an import utility.
That's very good news as he's one of the best if not the best at writing translator/importers from one kind of database to another.
He really saved my aspirations when Akiva WebBoard went kerbluie (yep I've seen all of this drama before!) - he got all of the mapping correct for porting the data into vBulletin (ah, back in the good old days), without errors.

Quite sad really, it's very expensive for a forum software.

Xenforo should of been affordable, I was hoping in the $50 region :(
There are some "enterprise" forum softwares that charge hundreds of dollars and all they let you do is register, post, create forums, and that's it.

XenForo is affordable, especially compared to IPB and vB, even before they both went into the social networking route and were both considered just forum software.

Top Bottom