Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

That wouldn't make sense either as I have been a business banking customer for just as long. And again the only ones that seem to receive it same day are those on the same bank... OR do you mean paying to business accounts not from? That much is possible.
No paying from a business account.

Business is with HSBC my personal account is with Bank of Scotland.

A couple of years ago I would pay all of the wages on a Wednesday and they would reach the accounts on Friday, save for other HSBC account which would either have to go immediately or I would have to process on the Friday.

Now I pay them all on a Friday and they go immediately. Say I process mine at 10.00am, I logout of HSBC at 10.02 and login to BoS at 10.03 - I see it says BACS Transfer from Lewis Concrete Products (Fakenham) Limited reference Wages for £285.06. By 10.05 I've paid any bills I might have.

I'll post screenies on Friday for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster_Payments_Service

No paying from a business account.

Business is with HSBC my personal account is with Bank of Scotland.

A couple of years ago I would pay all of the wages on a Wednesday and they would reach the accounts on Friday, save for other HSBC account which would either have to go immediately or I would have to process on the Friday.

Now I pay them all on a Friday and they go immediately. Say I process mine at 10.00am, I logout of HSBC at 10.02 and login to BoS at 10.03 - I see it says BACS Transfer from Lewis Concrete Products (Fakenham) Limited reference Wages for £285.06. By 10.05 I've paid any bills I might have.

I'll post screenies on Friday for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster_Payments_Service

I have only ever had a personal and premier account with HSBC, and am in the middle of moving everything away from them as quickly as I can.

Since I have moved my personal account over to barclays to join my Business account... I find that I can make payments to any barclays account and it is in in second paying money over to my HSBC account to clear off any current balances with them currently takes about 2days to clear... Don't get me wrong HSBC acknowledged the payment the next day but it doesn't clear for 2days, sometimes 3 days.

In fact recently I have found that I can make SWIFT payments in europe and they clear quicker than some BACS

i do not doubt his suggestion. just that every forum is different. the content of the database. the settings. the mess created by third party plugins. there is just too much at stake. i remember when i switched from IPB to vB. it was years ago. i still see the mess left by that conversion. :) threads that exist but with no content. orphans of the migration process.

I have questions regarding prices:

1. If I understand it correctly, licence is permanent once but, with 1 year support and future support is 40$
2. Is there a roadmap planned?
3. What happens with the blogs and galleries if we would moved from vB 3.x?

Thanks for posting , if it was aiming to me, but this doesnt answer questions above.

I guess, we ll just wait and see. When stable product is released if it meets our needs, we ll take a step forward.

I have questions regarding prices:

1. If I understand it correctly, licence is permanent once but, with 1 year support and future support is 40$

developers have confirmed that once purchased you can run the forum for ever.

you get updates for one year.

you can purchase updates after one year for USD 40.

if the gap between the renewals is 9 months or more, it would cost more than USD 40.

no roadmap is public right now.

and i guess xf would just import the data it can support from other forum databases. considering other components does not exist at all!

Let me just reiterate that while there is not a vB4 importer now, the differences in DB schema between vB3.8 and vB4.0 are negligible. The only really major change is in the way attachments are stored, so it's not going to be an insurmountable task to have a vB4 importer ready for the 1.0 release, if not the October beta.

developers have confirmed that once purchased you can run the forum for ever.
Thanks, I just wanted to make it perfect clear.

Let me just reiterate that while there is not a vB4 importer now, the differences in DB schema between vB3.8 and vB4.0 are negligible. The only really major change is in the way attachments are stored, so it's not going to be an insurmountable task to have a vB4 importer ready for the 1.0 release, if not the October beta.
What about albums and blogs from current vB? How is this gonna to be imported, or when?

At the risk of the question having been asked more than 20 times, how about the IPB 3 importer? Just how big are the differences between the IPB 3 & XF DB schema's? :p

Also, wootflakes. Will be getting XF & with some luck making themes for it soon enough :D

Top Bottom