Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

Highly reasonable. Esp since I know there are folks here who would view the purchase of extra licenses as an investment, as many admins have multiple forums and getting multiple licenses for $100 instead of $140 is good for your bottom line ;).

I'm going to scrounge up some cash for at least 2 licenses; even though I don't have a site running right now. Ashley, Kier and Mike (alphabetical order, not order of significance) deserves the money, and it will be great software to be in my pocket for when needed anyways :)

they have not decided upon the price (or at least revealed it). 20 dollars (fine!) would be nice. though i expect it to be a bit higher (i am a pessimist!).

about vb4 converter. the official word is. it's not developed. they are still considering it. and it might be released. but no confirmations. vb3 converter is confirmed.

kier suggested using a third party service that cost USD 30 i believe to convert your forum database from vb4 to vb3. and then migrate!
Thanks, 30 bucks is not bad at all.

I can't decide how many to purchase "if" I'm able to catch the early adopters sale or not. I was thinking about multiple licenses if I catch the sale. But, I keep wondering about what lies ahead besides a solid forum product. Is there a list of what features you have in mind for the near future? I adore XF, but will require more than just a solid forum. Hence the wondering and the questions. A list would surely help me decide. However, I understand if you feel it's too early. The WP info makes me want to purchase more, btw. But, I can't make up my mind not knowing what else lies ahead in the near future.

Does the branding-free price include any future addons that may be offered (if any)?
Something else I need to consider.

I can't decide how many to purchase "if" I'm able to catch the early adopters sale or not. I was thinking about multiple licenses if I catch the sale. But, I keep wondering about what lies ahead besides a solid forum product. Is there a list of what features you have in mind for the near future? I adore XF, but will require more than just a solid forum. Hence the wondering and the questions. A list would surely help me decide. However, I understand if you feel it's too early. The WP info makes me want to purchase more, btw. But, I can't make up my mind not knowing what else lies ahead in the near future.

Does the branding-free price include any future addons that may be offered (if any)?
Something else I need to consider.
There was talk about a roadmap, which I assume will be posted after the final version of v1, if not before.

I thought I'd jump in here with a word about 'gold'.

When a software company refers to 'gold', it is not a marketing term and it does not refer directly to the quality of the product. It should not be confused with 'the gold standard'.

In fact, 'gold' is a reference to the traditional colour of writable CDs. It is synonymous with 'RTM' (release to manufacturing). When boxed software is considered ready to be released to customers, a master CD is burned and sent to a CD manufacturing plant in order to do the production run of discs that would be sold to customers. That version would therefore represent the completed version, and the end of any pre-release period.

Top Bottom