Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

2 Questions:

1)
What does it mean "as long as your licence is "Active" ?
When is a licence "active" and when it is not ?
Your licence is active for as long as you pay the annual support fee.

2)
Not sure I understand ?
So every year I would need to pay $40 ?
If you wish to recieve updates and official support, yes.

Otherwise you are free to pay $100 and continue to use XenForo for as long as you like without any support or updates after the first 12 months.

so the USD 100 (early adopter sale) includes the support & update for the first 12 months ?
Is this correct ?

That is correct yes... after this period you can still use xenForo but you won't be able to upgrade or get support (your licence will be inactive) however simply renewing the licence for $40 will resolve this for another year.

You don't have to renew every year, but if you want to have support & upgrades and your licence is inactive or about to expire you will then need to renew.

so the USD 100 (early adopter sale) includes the support & update for the first 12 months ?
Is this correct ?

Yep, but the clock doesn't start ticking under the gold release:

As an additional incentive to adopt early, licenses bought during the beta period will have 12 months of updates and support starting from the date when XenForo 1.0 is released as a stable and supported version.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/#post-59546

So I guess we'll all be online refreshing the page until we can buy it? :p If this was a physical store I imagine we'd all be in line right now.

I do love the approach that our licenses won't officially start (support and upgrades) until XF 1.0 Gold is released; that is a very fantastic approach.

One thing I haven't seen mention of is bulk prices: Are there any, and how does it work out? I'm likely to just buy one license on released day, but depending on how my plans go I may buy a few more but see no mention of any bulk pricing discounts.

I like the price, I will definately buy at least one license to test it out, try skinnin & modding it :)

I'm already waiting for the next xen product. Gallery? CMS ? hmmmm....

What about a Paypal subscription or indeed credit card subscription?
That way the guys get their $40 a year\ and we don't have to do anything it just gets paid.
I do this with other software.

Also my favourite way to pay is direct bank transfer as I'm UK based. It needs supplying account number, sort code and account name.
Will XF do this?

What about a Paypal subscription or indeed credit card subscription?
That way the guys get their $40 a year\ and we don't have to do anything it just gets paid.
I do this with other software.

Also my favourite way to pay is direct bank transfer as I'm UK based. It needs supplying account number, sort code and account name.
Will XF do this?
A bit off topic but common knowledge says you need the account name for BACS payments but that's a myth really.

My bank account is in the name of Mr M Lewis but for works payments to me, it's just under Matt. Same the other way around, works bank account is in the name of Lewis Concrete Products (Fakenham) Limited, when I make the occasional payment into work it's just LCP and it still goes through.

There, a piece of wonderfully useless information.

A bit off topic but common knowledge says you need the account name for BACS payments but that's a myth really.

My bank account is in the name of Mr M Lewis but for works payments to me, it's just under Matt. Same the other way around, works bank account is in the name of Lewis Concrete Products (Fakenham) Limited, when I make the occasional payment into work it's just LCP and it still goes through.

There, a piece of wonderfully useless information.

I was about to say the same... all is required for a UK BACS or CHAPS transfer (as needs to be in first 24hours -_-) is the sortcode and account number... for international payments the SWIFT code and account number or just the IBAN will do.

All you need for a UK to UK bank transfer is sort code and account number.

For foreign to UK transfers all you need is the destination bank, sort code and account number.
Or you can use the IBAN if you know it.

One thing I haven't seen mention of is bulk prices: Are there any, and how does it work out? I'm likely to just buy one license on released day, but depending on how my plans go I may buy a few more but see no mention of any bulk pricing discounts.
This has been asked by a couple people as well. Bulk pricing won't be offered from the beginning. It is something we can re-evaluate in the future.

Don't ya think it would be a good idea for them to get up and running, sell a few copies and test the waters before creating dozens of payment options?

This forum being up and running shows they can get up, crawl and then walk. Give it some time to get their legs about themselves before requesting that running is added to the mix.

Top Bottom