Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

Could you also go the VB4>phpBB3>VB3>XF?

the more converters in between, the more messy the conversion is going to be.

if there is no official converter from vb4 is available, i would probably wait for one to be available. and that would be a shame.

or i would probably outsource the conversion process to a third party who might have the necessary tools available for an indirect conversion... :|

How come I think it makes sense and is fair, for example.

User 1 buys it on the day and pays $40 per year, four years later version 3 is released. User 1 has paid $220

User 2 buys it on the day but doesn't pay $40 a year, four years later at version 3 they decide to upgrade. User 2 has paid $140.

Both User 1 & User 2 have version 3 but User 2 has paid $80 less for exactly the same product. Also in effect User 2 hasn't been supporting Kier & Mike to make that product.

Well that is all true, but perhaps user 2 had no reason to upgrade, or perhaps he didn't like the versions between his current one and the latest. There have been two releases of my current software that have frankly left me completely cold, and I wouldn't have upgraded my sites to them other than I have to as a resource provider.. but they were eventually replaced by excellent releases.

For my own site I have always paid the upgrade fee(s) for the multiple licenses and all the add ons I used to hold, however I had one personal site that really has languished due to lack of time/commitment to it, paying the $50 per year from my current provider would have been a complete waste of money, and I didn't draw on their resources at all during that period of time, as a multiple license holder paying a whole lot of annual fees when I rarely use support I have no moral dilemma with missing a year or so of one license, until an upgrade is warranted. :)

I like the idea of Encouragement being with Carrots rather than Sticks myself :)

the more converters in between, the more messy the conversion is going to be.

if there is no official converter from vb4 is available, i would probably wait for one to be available. and that would be a shame.

or i would probably outsource the conversion process to a third party who might have the necessary tools available for an indirect conversion... :|
That's true and to be honest, until there is a gallery available (even as a plugin) for xf, I can't convert that site anyway. By the time it's to the point where I can convert, there may be one. 

For me, the decision to swim against the tide, ignore the hype and not upgrade my big board to VB4, looks like it's going to prove to be one of my better decisions :)

After final release, show me a big board with VBseo, successfully converted to XF (maintaining URL structure) and I will be a very, very happy man...although I'm sure my members will be happier!

I have already a community I wish to upgrade to xf, However the upgrade will differ if I can get a pre-order license or not(As I plan to purchase 2 ^-^ If I miss it the license costs would be a bit to much, However this software is definitely alright for Pre-Beta software.)

You guys may find tracking each of your licenses expiry date or re activation date however i don't like the idea of following my licenses that close. I personally don't. I never supported the changes in vBulletin license terms even on the first renewal fee changes were applied. This is also another item i don't like.

After all of the hang-wringing about what the price should be it turns out to be substantially less than most estimates.
Just this price point alone is a nice PR plus.
There was no need to charge upwards of 200 bucks and come off to some as maybe being a bit greedy.
Excellent price, you made a lot of people happy today guys.

Im just glad its not going to be $499 :D

Correct.

Support will be given as long as your license is active.

Year one: $140 (or $100 if you buy on day one)
Year two: $40

2 Questions:

1)
What does it mean "as long as your licence is "Active" ?
When is a licence "active" and when it is not ?
Can my licence become "inactive" ? Why ? When ?

2)
Not sure I understand ?
So every year I would need to pay $40 ?

Top Bottom