Other Waindigo acquired by Audentio

Status
Not open for further replies.
sbj, Sep 12, 2015
Along with Xon and AndyB, Jon's add-ons were free. And most of his add-on are very essential and usefull (from my view). My concern is that we lose now this advantage of having free add-ons and that the most of them will turn into paid ones.

They will be staying free, though some may be marked as "Unmaintained". In fact, they will be more free than before. All 'premium' features will be available for free as we start updating and releasing the rebranded Add-ons :)

I feel being cheated and I'm disappointed. Not a classy move.

I feel being cheated
You aren't cheated. You still have the free version you always had. Nothing was taken from you. It's not like they charged you the $10 then deleted the resource and said "Hah, got em!".

It is not feasible to provide 95% free resources and support them. Lifetime licenses and free resources are the reason we've lost a few developers around here. I get that everyone likes free add-ons and life time support, everyone likes getting stuff for nothing, it's just not realistic and companies/people will go out of business trying to provide it.

You're still free to continue using the free version you downloaded before. Most of them have remained free, and many will be open sourced in the next few weeks. There is no way we can provide support for 300 free add-ons, we are a team of 6 people with two for the most part who are able to provide support for add-ons.

Jake

Just wondering @Jon W as to why they added "Cake" as a tag? IIRC you said they were not acquiring it and this would be your new company moving forward...

Other - Waindigo acquired by Audentio - Page 6 - XenForo Community 2015-11-25 10-09-04.webp

Daniel, I agree, but it still "feels" being cheated by some people, simply because they were told that those addons would be "more than free". Nothing's changed as far as the support goes for those free addons, but the message can be a little disheartening.

Would like to know which addons, if any, from Jon and/or Borbole are going to be opensourced.

Might be a good idea to update the paid resources to links to the free resources so members can find examples and/or fixes to things in those original threads. But that's a lot of work.

Daniel, I agree, but it still "feels" being cheated by some people, simply because they were told that those addons would be "more than free". Nothing's changed as far as the support goes for those free addons, but the message can be a little disheartening.

Would like to know which addons, if any, from Jon and/or Borbole are going to be opensourced.

We actually already have the add-ons on github ready to go. It's just a matter of going through and updating the 150+ resources with this information. You can view it here: https://github.com/themehouse

You aren't cheated. You still have the free version you always had. Nothing was taken from you. It's not like they charged you the $10 then deleted the resource and said "Hah, got em!".
I feel cheated. Who are you to determine what I am and what not?
I told my concern and the reply was "it will stay free". As we see, it was not true.
Did I say that sth was taken from me? Or what else you imply which has nothing to do with what I said?

And secondly, I don't keep these add-ons on my HDD. So I don't have the free versions at all. Yeah, some of them are installed in my ACP but I can never uninstall and install them back again because I don't have the files.

But more important is the fact, that they did exactly the opposite what they said, ergo I feel and am cheated.

Last edited:
We've given plenty of notice. It was stated quite a few weeks ago that some add-ons would be made premium.

Yes, but never mentioned which ones, so I can understand how some people would be upset and feel the rug was pulled right out under them, being deleted and instantly uploaded for a fee instead. Maybe a short notice of add-ons planned to be deleted in 96 hours should have been considered..

You also typo'd on all your releases.. You put [TH] instead of [HT] for your recently announced Hex Themes rebranding from Audentio..

Not a typo, click on the 'buy now' link :)

Oh ok.. So I'm really confused now.. Are you still Audentio which your posting these as, Hex Themes which was recently announced as your re-branding of Audentio to move forward or now Theme House, a company I wasn't even aware of? The name changing is becoming confusing..

We have decided against hex themes in favor or theme house. Th vs ht is mere coincidence.

We have been supporting a lot of addons all for pretty much nothing. If you want developers to stick around, it would be nice if people wouldn't jump down the throats of the guys putting in overtime on free support. Of some 350 addons we are keeping around 250 open source and free. The ones we are going to support have been given a modest and low price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom