Resource icon

vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
I am half way done checking for 1.2 compatibility. I have found a couple things so far, such as the xf_user.is_staff column which is new to 1.2
How is 1.2 testing coming along, Jake? Has anyone out there successfully imported to 1.2?

Anyway, to counter some of the rude comments in here, thanks for putting this together, guys. I definitely won't hesitate to purchase as I get closer to converting my forum (8.3 million posts).

How is 1.2 testing coming along, Jake? Has anyone out there successfully imported to 1.2?

Anyway, to counter some of the rude comments in here, thanks for putting this together, guys. I definitely won't hesitate to purchase as I get closer to converting my forum (8.3 million posts).

Theres been nothing rude, I just think people don't appreciate the tens hundreds of hours with the work of no less than 6 people that have gone into making it work with compatability for 3.x and 4.x as well as with all the other options and how complex it is.

Basically done. Doing another test right now on avforums.com

Will release soon.

The 2 mothods of importing are incompatible, so cut and pasting it in won't work, it would require a whole lot of extra work to add those extras.

If you want to fund it, i'm sure we can come to some accomodation, otherwise no, they won't be added.

I see... the board I want to convert isn't making the kind of money that could afford it an investment much beyond the asking price for this importer, so I'm sure I couldn't fund it alone. I'd be happy to co-fund such development if anyone else reading this thread would also be interested in a full importer, though. Do you have a rough estimate on how much you believe would be required?

Just out of curiosity - are there actually addons for blogs, user albums and social groups that support importing this data from vB 3.8? And importing thanks as likes into XF?

Theres been nothing rude, I just think people don't appreciate the tens hundreds of hours with the work of no less than 6 people that have gone into making it work with compatability for 3.x and 4.x as well as with all the other options and how complex it is.

Actually I do appreciate it and like I said, combined with Jake's unofficial importer it would be the ideal importer. But the fact remains that in its current state, it doesn't import blogs, user albums, social groups, thanks from the "thanks" mod and several other things (please correct me if I'm wrong) so it's not really a complete importer for my needs. Obviously Jake set the bar very high with his importer that does import all these things...

Last edited:
Is the upcoming 1.2-compatible release going to account for post edit history? I saw the question asked earlier, but there was no response.

Thanks!

Just to be clear, will the 1.2 compatible version be feature-equivalent with the latest official vB 3 import script?

how would you define a "Big Board"? By the number of threads/posts?

Any statistics on how much is saved compared to the built-in importer?

how would you define a "Big Board"? By the number of threads/posts?

Any statistics on how much is saved compared to the built-in importer?

A recent web-import I did a conversion for took 36 hours using the web importer.

With this, it took about 40 minutes.

Thats what, approximatly 50x faster?

Top Bottom