vBadvanced

Most owners who have stuck with vB 3 have many more than one reason not to move to vB 4, but we don't even want to get into that story, there is not enough disk space to repeat it over again.
I just wish they would stop making some many changes in each point release that breaks some add-ons. It is going to the point now where each minor point release brings with it it's own set of problems.

1. everything is fine guys, everyone has their correct points here, but on the other hand there are a lot of owners who will not update due to the fact that none of their mod's will work on vB 4, so I guess we will have to find some middle ground.

I can't & won't speak for Brian but last time I spoke with him about it XF is on his project list yet. There might be another new vBa project seen first but XF is definitely on his mind.

Thanks for that bit of information kevin. I don't and never used vbadvanced myself but I know alot of people would if Brian developed it for xen. Thanks again. :)

There is another point we all are missing here, if there was a directory product for XF like the one vBa has more owners would be able to move their forums and directories to XF, so Kier and Mike have a lot of work to do if photo galleries and other popular mod's are needed to get folks over to XF.

I just hope they stay modular and don't make the same mistake vB did with 4.

vba on my v4 site works well. I use it for forum side columns. Works much better than vB's forum blocks.
Brian's products are good. I hardly ever have to visit vbadvanced because the product just works.
It would be an asset to the XF community if he ported his products over.

vba on my v4 site works well. I use it for forum side columns. Works much better than vB's forum blocks.
Brian's products are good. I hardly ever have to visit vbadvanced because the product just works.
It would be an asset to the XF community if he ported his products over.
It absolutely would.

There is another point we all are missing here, if there was a directory product for XF like the one vBa has more owners would be able to move their forums and directories to XF, so Kier and Mike have a lot of work to do if photo galleries and other popular mod's are needed to get folks over to XF.

I just hope they stay modular and don't make the same mistake vB did with 4.
I highly doubt we'll have to worry about this.

It would be better if you made your suggested features and modules known so the XF dev's can consider building them in or making add on modules.

I have not seen an article system in there yet. That is primarily what I am looking for. There is a Mini CMS in there but from what I can tell it is not going to be an article system. If someone will develop that I am interested. Right now I am leaning to what way is available first. I can move to the one I like best later.

I will mention it again.

We have a forum for suggesting features here I think, I have never used it, so I really must leave it to others to point you in the right direction.

We have a forum for suggesting features here I think, I have never used it, so I really must leave it to others to point you in the right direction.

I posted in it before and have again. I am going to grab the first thing I see with the capability I am looking for. I might change to something else later but I need it to get started. Articles generate 100% of my income.

There are zillions of article management scripts already out there.

Will any of these work as a front page and allow the content to be synchronized in both the forum and the front page? I am not a coder so I am looking for a plug in. I would not want to break things during upgrades.

If this is the way to go I would do it but I might need to hire help on it.

I know vBadvanced made for XenForo would do what I am looking for. Someone on the add-on section might come up with something.

I will take whichever approach can be done before moving the forum.

Brian Gunter is to be avoided unless you like to throw your money away. I reversed a paypal payment to him because he did not respond to a support ticket and I saw that several others were complaining about nonexistent support, and he or someone responded by banning me from his site, and this was *after* I gave him multiple hundreds of dollars for his various products. Just go to the vbadvanced site and see all of the users complaining about his nonexistant support--assuming he hasn't deleted the threads!

Here's the deal: if you take money from people, they expect support. If you can't provide it, then don't take money from people. It's that simple, unless you spell out clearly that you're going to take your good old time in your terms of service.

Brian Gunter has unbanned me, evidently. But damage done. I can do without that crap. Not throwing good money after bad. Auf wiedersehen! PhotoCamel used to have this guy's products installed. No more! Gonna rid the menus of the junk soon.

Tip: You ban a paying customer as a *last resort,* not as a first reflex. You apologize pubicly before hiding your slip-ups by deleting threads that address lack of response.

My take: The internet continues to be populated by kids.

You want to help me run a business with your software? Great. Run a business yourself. This is not 1996, when anything "internet" was gold.

I suggest you may be better off posting about issues related to vBadvanced on their website, rather than here.

This is not the place to be criticising another product or their support.

I suggest you may be better off posting about issues related to vBadvanced on their website, rather than here.

This is not the place to be criticising another product or their support.

Sadly Brogan that would be a total waste of time as the site in question is basically dead. Tickets and support queries are not being answered at all.

Top Bottom