sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Noted to check.

Just as a side note, maybe this helps: It seems that it is able to rerun all photos and serach for Exif until the last image. So the error seems to occur really after having finished the run. It was at almost 22.000 images. I do not think that I have more images in the gallery. If you need login details for this installation, send me a PM

It has some widgets (that you need to install Widget Framework from xfrock). You could display albums/photos/comments.

Where do I find these widgets? I found the addon Widget Framework, but there is only a widget for taigachat included.

It is just the position. With current widget, use "hook:forum_list_nodes" position and you can see it.
Just as a side note, maybe this helps: It seems that it is able to rerun all photos and serach for Exif until the last image. So the error seems to occur really after having finished the run. It was at almost 22.000 images. I do not think that I have more images in the gallery. If you need login details for this installation, send me a PM
It is okie. I have catched it.
Where do I find these widgets? I found the addon Widget Framework, but there is only a widget for taigachat included.
Install Widget Framework. Then go to: AdminCp -> Appearance -> Widget Framework -> Add Widget, choose from renderer dropdown box three gallery widgets which have [Gallery] prefix.

It is not an issue, you have not configure suitable options for your widget yet.

upload_2013-8-18_20-43-30.webp

That is why we have Thumbnail Width and Height option for widgets.

Is there an option for the admin or the users to automatically delete the EXIF location data at the time of upload?

It does not read location information from EXIF so you do not need to delete EXIF location data.

Some of our users are very concerned about privacy (many people take pictures at home). If the EXIF location data stays in the file, everybody who is allowed to download the picture is able read that data. We already use an add-on to delete the location data automatically with all regular XF attachments uploads.

This is why I ask if there is an option in your software to delete the location data automatically at the time of upload.

The best user experience would be a checkbox "Delete location data" at the upload form.

Reactions: DRE
Please add an option that lets us set the default viewing permission for XenGallery. For instance, I'd rather all blogs be created as Members Only first and they would have to manually set it to public.

@HWS, @DRE excuse me, BUT this is nonsense! Add features for remove their after? Guys, I'm don't agree with you. This is totally stupid. :)

@HWS, @DRE excuse me, BUT this is nonsense! Add features for remove their after? Guys, I'm don't agree with you. This is totally stupid. :)
No it's not. Public photos are a privacy leak by default because anyone can copy and save them for their own sites. A well-know member of Xenforo did that to my own site a year or two ago. There is no way your members can get their photos deleted from that other site unless they issued a DMCA takedown. To save the drama, just have photos set as Members Only first this way members who want their photos public, will be responsible for their own actions. This makes the gallery equal or better than Facebook which lets you set the default privacy of their photos.

Another reason is that with the inclusion of RSS, all public posted photos can be fed into another site, blog or social networking site. That's great if you need it for the purposes of your own site, but if someone takes your feed and imports it into their own site all of your sites public photos will automatically go to their site and if a member ever deletes their public gallery, they can't get their photos deleted from the other site.

Okay, I tested it at your demo and it seems ALL EXIF data got deleted automatically after upload. Even if I use "Download Original" or "View Original Photo" I get files without any EXIF data.

Perfect, we can live with that.

We'll buy. ;-)

Okay, I tested it at your demo and it seems ALL EXIF data got deleted automatically after upload. Even if I use "Download Original" or "View Original Photo" I get files without any EXIF data.

We'll buy. ;-)
It would not delete EXIF data. Demo version is little bit out of date with issue when downloading original photo as they return resized photo.

The thing is, if they do not want to other members know that kind of information, just do not set them privacy download original photo. Is that not okay?

No it's not. Public photos are a privacy leak by default because anyone can copy and save them for their own sites. A well-know member of Xenforo did that to my own site a year or two ago. There is no way your members can get their photos deleted from that other site unless they issued a DMCA takedown. To save the drama, just have photos set as Members Only first this way members who want their photos public, will be responsible for their own actions. This makes the gallery equal or better than Facebook which lets you set the default privacy of their photos.

Another reason is that with the inclusion of RSS, all public posted photos can be fed into another site, blog or social networking site. That's great if you need it for the purposes of your own site, but if someone takes your feed and imports it into their own site all of your sites public photos will automatically go to their site and if a member ever deletes their public gallery, they can't get their photos deleted from the other site.
As you might know, users could set XenGallery settings for default privacy on album/photo creation, so it would be overriden by user's settings anyway.

It would not delete EXIF data. Demo version is little bit out of date with issue when downloading original photo as they return resized photo.

The thing is, if they do not want to other members know that kind of information, just do not set them privacy download original photo. Is that not okay?

We'll buy. ;-)

Updated to latest version. You could try again.

As you might know, users could set XenGallery settings for default privacy on album/photo creation, so it would be overriden by user's settings anyway.
I know users can, but can the default for all users be set.

This would be a workaround but it limits the possibilities.

Even Facebook and all other photo sharing sites strip EXIF out automatically for privacy reasons. Many people do not even know that there is a location data in the photo. If they upload photos taken at their home (most photos are taken there) they unintentionally release their full home location to all people allowed to view their pictures.

If you do not allow downloading the original photo, does this also disallow viewing original photo?

For those of you wondering how to resize the Pic Comment thumbnail since it's not available in the Widget for some reason (can you add a thumbnail setting for that in the pic comment widget please? @sonnb ) you can do so in this Template: sonnb_xengallery_widget_comment.css

For instance, I changed 96px to 48px.

Code:
.commentsSidebar li {
    width:100%;
    display: inline-block;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}
.commentsSidebar li a.thumbnail {  
    float: left;
    margin-right: 10px;
    max-height: 48px;
    max-width: 48px;