sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

@sonnb
That´s nice to hear ... :)

@DRE and @sonnb
Is it possible or planned to do the following:

Create a category "user albums", in which each user can create a (only one) category (or is automatically created with the user name), in which he then may invest all of its albums.
And more categories to the "user albums" parallel category, such as. "Animals", "plant", "technology", etc. - where each user then only can upload pictures but can not create albums.
So that you can disconnect the user from the general albums frames something ...

Alternatively it would be possible to specify in the ACP streams that can then be selected by the users. So in addition to being able to create their own.
But one way or images directly to a selected high zuladen stream. That would go well.

An "Add Photo" button in the User Profile tab "Photos" would certainly not bad. ;)
Your default album is called "Profile Pictures" So anytime you upload a pic and select the "Default Album" that's the name of the album. You can change that phrase if you want for it to say "User Album". You can't automatically assign a category to a default album. You would have to ask sonnb to add that. "Can Upload Photos/Album" is the same permission. You would have to ask sonnb to add the ability to make upload pictures and album a separate usergroup permissions. The default "Profile Pictures" album is not a category. You can create a "User Albums" category and assign "Profile Pictures" albums to the User Album Category from the AdminCP but you cannot set a default category per album. Albums are user created.

Edit:

I think I encountered a bug. I am unable to delete my own photos from the "Profile Pictures" album even though I have all permissions.

Last edited:
Hi
They are albums, not the images. Each album has its own cover. You could set any photo within an album to be album cover. (Go to photo, click on "Make album cover").

There is no link for this. The only link I can see is "Set my Gallery's cover"

It is not label, it is owner of album. Categories in Photopost was created by admin so it would belong to admin when converted to XenGallery

o.k., but this leads to a lot of confusion. If a user now creates a new album, and select a category for it, then this category will have 2 albums visible when clicking on the category. 1 of that user, another one of admin, which contains hundreds of other user's albums in the same category. This is unlogic.

It would be better if either, these imported albums which are now hidden in the "master-admin-album" would be labled something like "imported albums by admin after software switch", so the users know, there are others's people albums in it. This would be the "dirty solution".

Or a change it in the import script, so that when importing from another Software, the first level direrctory labeled "admin" will just be skipped and immediately all imported user albums will be visible when clicking on that category.

A photo or an album must have username. Maybe you are confusing between photo's grid item and album's grid item.

No I am talking about if I look at a single image. Sometimes there is a username under it, sometimes not. Maybe those users do not exist anymore in the db? I have to check this. But it is quite often the case...

No I am talking about if I look at a single image. Sometimes there is a username under it, sometimes not. Maybe those users do not exist anymore in the db? I have to check this. But it is quite often the case...

update: I doublechecked with the old PhotoPost Pro db with one of those images. This image has a username in the PP db, but this username does not exist in the XF db. So I guess that every time when a username linked to an image does not exist in the XF db, that then the username is in the gallery after the import not visible at all.

It would be nice, if the username would nevertheless be visible but not clickable with an alert, that this user does not have anymore a profile in the forum. This is the case if PP is integrated with XF. The username for that image is still shown, but not clickable.

I have another issue with a different test-import. This time a different, larger PPdb. The import went fine, no errors. Around 4-5 hours (over 20.000 images) Also the Rebuild Search Index went fine. But if I then go in ACP below to Rebuild XenGallery Photos with EXIF checked, I get after around 4000 an error.

Code:
Server Error

Division by zero

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Photo.php at line 979
    sonnb_XenGallery_Model_Photo->getPhotoExif() in sonnb/XenGallery/DataWriter/Photo.php at line 806
    sonnb_XenGallery_DataWriter_Photo->rebuildCounters() in sonnb/XenGallery/CacheRebuilder/Photo.php at line 50
    sonnb_XenGallery_CacheRebuilder_Photo->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
    XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 82
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/.../admin.php at line 13

The images are there, but in "Manage albums", the albums are shown with 0 images. If I move them to a category, they are not visible in that category.

If I do the same Rebuild XenGallery Photos with my smaller PP gallery, there are no problems at all. Both use the same addon version incl. Fix2. But the smaller Gallery has below 4000 images. Both on the same server.

What could be the reason for this?

Edit:

I think I encountered a bug. I am unable to delete my own photos from the "Profile Pictures" album even though I have all permissions.

Same here. And neither a photo from a testuser in his own album if I am logged in as admin. There are no edit links visible..

a question from a noob:

are the images stored/saved in the "MySQL-database" or in the "File system" ?

:)

Edit:

You can delete using inline moderation:

upload_2013-8-15_20-3-17.webp

Or go to photo and click delete.

upload_2013-8-15_20-3-56.webp

It is show up for you?

I have another issue with a different test-import. This time a different, larger PPdb. The import went fine, no errors. Around 4-5 hours (over 20.000 images) Also the Rebuild Search Index went fine. But if I then go in ACP below to Rebuild XenGallery Photos with EXIF checked, I get after around 4000 an error.

Code:
Server Error

Division by zero

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Photo.php at line 979
    sonnb_XenGallery_Model_Photo->getPhotoExif() in sonnb/XenGallery/DataWriter/Photo.php at line 806
    sonnb_XenGallery_DataWriter_Photo->rebuildCounters() in sonnb/XenGallery/CacheRebuilder/Photo.php at line 50
    sonnb_XenGallery_CacheRebuilder_Photo->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
    XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 82
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/.../admin.php at line 13

The images are there, but in "Manage albums", the albums are shown with 0 images. If I move them to a category, they are not visible in that category.

If I do the same Rebuild XenGallery Photos with my smaller PP gallery, there are no problems at all. Both use the same addon version incl. Fix2. But the smaller Gallery has below 4000 images. Both on the same server.

What could be the reason for this?
It is because some invalid data from EXIF. Please do not check "Rebuild Exif" until next update.

Hi

There is no link for this. The only link I can see is "Set my Gallery's cover"

You could see this:
upload_2013-8-15_20-7-24.webp

o.k., but this leads to a lot of confusion. If a user now creates a new album, and select a category for it, then this category will have 2 albums visible when clicking on the category. 1 of that user, another one of admin, which contains hundreds of other user's albums in the same category. This is unlogic.
It is normal, that why XenGallery have permission allow other users upload photos to your albums. For example, you create an album: "Public" and let everyone upload to there.

It would be better if either, these imported albums which are now hidden in the "master-admin-album" would be labled something like "imported albums by admin after software switch", so the users know, there are others's people albums in it. This would be the "dirty solution".
It is album's description. You could change it to whatever you want to notify your users. That is the only way to import from PhotoPost as they do not have albums, only categories with thousand images within it.

Or a change it in the import script, so that when importing from another Software, the first level direrctory labeled "admin" will just be skipped and immediately all imported user albums will be visible when clicking on that category.
That is not the way XenGallery works, Categories only can contains albums not photos. I believe you would happy with it once you are family with it. Change a habit is not easy.

Do you have image or demo link for a proof?

Hi,

I already installed the new version 1.o.13, sorry.

- the Album Cover option appears
- textlinks for editing are visible now and are working properly

Unfortunately the mentioned EXIF error still appears with version 1.0.13

Where exactly are the images located? Can I delete my directory of PhotoPost Pro completely after I finished the import?

Hi,

I already installed the new version 1.o.13, sorry.

- the Album Cover option appears
- textlinks for editing are visible now and are working properly

Unfortunately the mentioned EXIF error still appears with version 1.0.13

Where exactly are the images located? Can I delete my directory of PhotoPost Pro completely after I finished the import?
It was not fixed in 1.0.13. It is not a big deal, when you rebuild do not choose "rebuild EXIF information", you could do it later.

Yes you can delete but if it is not a problem then just leave it there, maybe you might need it in future.

My problem with the other test import is still there. It seems that within the ACP, it does not memorize that I move one album to a category. If I check in the front-end, the images are correctly moved to that category. But in the ACP, the albums does not go away if I move it.

This was different with the testimport of the small photopost pro gallery. See screenshot

manage_albums.webp

If I move one of these albums into a category, it will stay here in the albums overview, although it is moved in reality. How can I fix this?

My problem with the other test import is still there. It seems that within the ACP, it does not memorize that I move one album to a category. If I check in the front-end, the images are correctly moved to that category. But in the ACP, the albums does not go away if I move it.

This was different with the testimport of the small photopost pro gallery. See screenshot

View attachment 54276

If I move one of these albums into a category, it will stay here in the albums overview, although it is moved in reality. How can I fix this?
Hello snoopy,

You are misunderstanding. This is admin interface that list all the albums. So whatever you move the albums to, it still be here.
Doesn't work for me that way. I had to delete the whole album just to remove the photo from my Profile Pictures album.
The delete button not shown up or you get an error? It is hard for me to help you out without a specific reason.

o.k., thanks.

What shall I do now with the EXIF error? I Rebuild XenGallery Photos without checking Exifs and it went fine. But if i do it afterwards again with Exifs checked, I get again the error.

Is there a way to find out which image-exif is the bugger?

o.k., thanks.

What shall I do now with the EXIF error? I Rebuild XenGallery Photos without checking Exifs and it went fine. But if i do it afterwards again with Exifs checked, I get again the error.

Is there a way to find out which image-exif is the bugger?
You do not need to know. I have catched it in the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
When i create a new camera data i get an error
Camera ID:
sonnb_xengallery_this_camera_id_already_exist
But this camera_id does not exist. I also take a look in the database ..

How can i fix this ??

Top Bottom