Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
How can I make the single rating block into a mutli-set ratings block for user reviews.

Example: Users will be able to give different ratings for different criteria and then an overall rating is calculated based on that however each individual rating is also shown

User ratings
-----------------------
Originality : 2
Production : 3
Special Effects : 4
Acting : 5
Storytelling :4
Complexity :5

We calculate the overall rating
---------------------------
Overall Rating: 3.8/5

I have further suggestions please.
When viewing a tab on a showcase, if I click the edit link, I would like the editor to open editing that specific tab.
Similarly if I am editing a tab and I save it, I would want the showcase to be redisplayed with that tab open.

Reactions: Bob
Since I purchased Showcase I want to force my Users to use this addon in specific forums if they want to post a new Thread.
If there is no option for it, it may is usefull to redirect them to a certain Showcase-Item-Creation-Area by clicking 'Post New Thread'

Anyway I think this can easiely be achieved by adding a few lines in EXTRA.CSS
Something like in node.x {createnewtopic.link url="..." !important} isn't?
But I'm not into this stuff... :unsure:

[Edit] I found a VB Mod, that does the exactly thing: To redirect on a specific Post New Thread Link. (May it's usefull for someone in order to provide a code for XF: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=214690 )
[Edit2] May Lee got a solution... Idea is to exchange the Post New Thread Button with a different button (that links anywhere) in a certain forum.

Would someone help?
Best regards!

Also: Is it possible with certain adjustments for specific categorys to not pop up at the ShowCase Overview like inside the Top Rated Tab, Most Recent Tab and Most Popular Tab?

Last edited:
How can I make the single rating block into a mutli-set ratings block for user reviews.

Example: Users will be able to give different ratings for different criteria and then an overall rating is calculated based on that however each individual rating is also shown

User ratings
-----------------------
Originality : 2
Production : 3
Special Effects : 4
Acting : 5
Storytelling :4
Complexity :5

We calculate the overall rating
---------------------------
Overall Rating: 3.8/5

You can do this, however, it takes quite a bit of programming, and DB changes. I've done this for my upcoming Reviews addon and its a lot more complex then the current single review system.

Just a quick note...

as Oman pointed out, I have a Suggestions Forum to track individual
I have further suggestions please.
When viewing a tab on a showcase, if I click the edit link, I would like the editor to open editing that specific tab.
Similarly if I am editing a tab and I save it, I would want the showcase to be redisplayed with that tab open.

When you get some free time, can you post this over at the support site in the suggestions? It kinda goes hand in hand with another idea I had for content editing.

You can do this, however, it takes quite a bit of programming, and DB changes. I've done this for my upcoming Reviews addon and its a lot more complex then the current single review system.

I hope we can get something like that for showcase where users rate it. I just had a look at the custom fields created by this custom field http://xenforo.com/community/resources/star-rating-for-custom-fields-1-1-x-custom-field-xml.1596/

created for the custom field addon I posted earlier and I think it can be imported into showcase without much programming. It needs extra php call back option added to Field Type,Value Match Requirements,Value Display HTML to start using custom fields addon to take care of the extra star ratings.

Since I purchased Showcase I want to force my Users to use this addon in specific forums if they want to post a new Thread.
If there is no option for it, it may is usefull to redirect them to a certain Showcase-Item-Creation-Area by clicking 'Post New Thread'

Anyway I think this can easiely be achieved by adding a few lines in EXTRA.CSS
Something like in node.x {createnewtopic.link url="..." !important} isn't?
But I'm not into this stuff... :unsure:

[Edit] I found a VB Mod, that does the exactly thing: To redirect on a specific Post New Thread Link. (May it's usefull for someone in order to provide a code for XF: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=214690 )
[Edit2] May Lee got a solution... Idea is to exchange the Post New Thread Button with a different button (that links anywhere) in a certain forum.

Would someone help?
Best regards!

Also: Is it possible with certain adjustments for specific categorys to not pop up at the ShowCase Overview like inside the Top Rated Tab, Most Recent Tab and Most Popular Tab?

Not sure I follow what you are wanting to do? Are you wanting the "Post New Thread" in a specific forum to redirect to the Create Item forum for a specific Showcase Category? If so, you could do that with a template edit and conditionals fairly easy (in theory). Post this over at the support site and I will look into it.

As for your second questions, all Blocks, Modules, Widgets have a category chooser which allow you to select with categories to pull content from.

Not sure I follow what you are wanting to do? Are you wanting the "Post New Thread" in a specific forum to redirect to the Create Item forum for a specific Showcase Category? If so, you could do that with a template edit and conditionals fairly easy (in theory). Post this over at the support site and I will look into it.

Yes, I just want to do this... I posted it on the Support forum, thank you!

As for your second questions, all Blocks, Modules, Widgets have a category chooser which allow you to select with categories to pull content from.

Really, I'm kind of overwhelmed from all those options, where can I find those set ups?

Best regards!

Really, I'm kind of overwhelmed from all those options, where can I find those set ups?

Best regards!

Admin CP > Options > Showcase > click on the Forum Home tab and you will see two blocks that have category choosers with them. Also, the 6 XenPorta blocks have Category Choosers and the 6 [bd] Widget Framework Renderers have them as well.

If you are asking about Showcase Home, then no. The home page lists items from all categories within showcase. Only the blocks/widgets/modules have category choosers.

Ahhh, how i would love one price promotion for a while! Oh wait i'm dreaming :cry:
I must get a second job for get this add-on. ^^

I hope we can get something like that for showcase where users rate it. I just had a look at the custom fields created by this custom field http://xenforo.com/community/resources/star-rating-for-custom-fields-1-1-x-custom-field-xml.1596/

created for the custom field addon I posted earlier and I think it can be imported into showcase without much programming. It needs extra php call back option added to Field Type,Value Match Requirements,Value Display HTML to start using custom fields addon to take care of the extra star ratings.
@bobster65 still waiting for help on this

@bobster65 still waiting for help on this

Sorry, just very busy at the moment... as far as the above request, you can try posting your request for customization help here: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/showcase-support.34/ If/when someone has time/knowledge to help you with your customization request, they will. What you are wanting help with (Advanced Reviews functionality) is customization that requires programming. You are still not going to be able to do what you want (Advanced Reviews functionality) with those 2 Addons without a lot of programming. Another option is hiring a developer to do the customization for you (this is probably your best option if you are in a hurry). This is not a small customization, its rather large.

btw, feel free to post your suggestion for advanced Reviews functionality here: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/showcase-suggestions.37/ Its been requested already, but I don't mind duplicate requests and its something I've been considering for a while now.

@bobster65
Can I somehow disable the quoting on created showcase threads?
Best regards!

you can do that with a phrase edit (just remove the quote part of it).

Phrase: nflj_showcase_message_create_item

HTML:
{username} submitted a new Showcase Item:

[url={itemLink}]{title}[/url]

[quote]{snippet}[/quote]

[url={itemLink}]Read more about this showcase item here...[/url]

Remove

Code:
[quote]{snippet}[/quote]

Reactions: it_
you can do that with a phrase edit (just remove the quote part of it).

Phrase: nflj_showcase_message_create_item

HTML:
{username} submitted a new Showcase Item:

[url={itemLink}]{title}[/url]

[quote]{snippet}[/quote]

[url={itemLink}]Read more about this showcase item here...[/url]

Remove

Code:
[quote]{snippet}[/quote]

Thanks!
But you need to remain
{snippet}
in order show any content about the item in the created thread.

@bobster65 May I ask how to adjust the length of {snippet}?
By the way, seems like "TagMe!" doesn't work in tabs or I overlooked something.

Best regards!

You'll have to modify the snippet length in the method itself.

edit /library/NFLJ/Showcase/Model/Thread.php line 77. Change 2500 to the amount of characters you want to snip. I'll make this admin configurable in the next version.

PHP:
$snippet = trim(XenForo_Helper_String::wholeWordTrim($item['message'], 2500));

I haven't implemented user tagging yet. Feel free to request it here: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/showcase-suggestions.37/

btw, can you please post your support questions here: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/showcase-support.34/

Top Bottom