Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
not sure what you mean, but have you even TRIED what I posted to see the outcome? It will only display the sublinks when viewing showcase (just like the FORUM Tabs sublinks only are visible when viewing forums).

Thanks Bob. Because we have a custom style from Mike Creuzer which has a sticky header which morphs into a smaller version of itself when the user scrolls down, it behaves differently to the standard menu. As a result, I have to remove the menu items from all the addons I've installed - Xentrader, Notifications, Bookmarks, Events and, of course, Showcases. I'll have to recreate the missing links some other way.
header.gif

Tried to search for this but couldn't find anything. I apologize if this was answered already. Does Showcase allow users to create their own albums?

Thanks Bob. Because we have a custom style from Mike Creuzer which has a sticky header which morphs into a smaller version of itself when the user scrolls down, it behaves differently to the standard menu. As a result, I have to remove the menu items from all the addons I've installed - Xentrader, Notifications, Bookmarks, Events and, of course, Showcases. I'll have to recreate the missing links some other way.
View attachment 53820

Since most of the views in SC have a sidebar, you could create a navigation module with the Nav Bar sublinks and then place it in any of the sidebar templates for SC. I'll even make one for you if you request it on the Support Site (http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/showcase-support.34/).

@bobster65 my major question... Can we have multiple Showcase? Using 2 TABs in the navigation menu, one Movies the other Music? It would be just awesome to have the 2 but each more focused into that x thing without mixing both in the same?

If not, what do you recommend to have a similar effect? :)

@bobster65 my major question... Can we have multiple Showcase? Using 2 TABs in the navigation menu, one Movies the other Music? It would be just awesome to have the 2 but each more focused into that x thing without mixing both in the same?

If not, what do you recommend to have a similar effect? :)

No, only one instance of any addon can be installed. You can hide the showcase tab via CSS, then create Tabs for Movies & Music that point to their respective category pages (there are several how to create tabs threads here). Users will still be able to access showcase home via breadcrumbs however, so you need to keep that in mind.

Hi Bob,

I'm thinking about getting this for a venue database on one of my sites, however I've got a few questions about what Showcase can do so that I know if it will work.
  • Can I tag items - for example, I'd like to classify the venue type "barn", "pub", "church" etc... but use the category system to list things by location.
  • Does the review system have to use the "pro / con" layout? Or can I leave quick reviews like the XenForo RM?
  • Is there any integration with mapping addons so that I can list venues that way?
  • Are images resized if they exceed the options set in the addon?

Hi Bob,

I'm thinking about getting this for a venue database on one of my sites, however I've got a few questions about what Showcase can do so that I know if it will work.
  • Can I tag items - for example, I'd like to classify the venue type "barn", "pub", "church" etc... but use the category system to list things by location.
  • Does the review system have to use the "pro / con" layout? Or can I leave quick reviews like the XenForo RM?
  • Is there any integration with mapping addons so that I can list venues that way?
  • Are images resized if they exceed the options set in the addon?

SC does not have TAGs. It has been requested tho (you can see all the open requests here: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/showcase-suggestions.37/)
The pros and cons are just 2 optional fields on the forum. You can edit the forum and comment them out. You can also customize the layout.
No mapping integration as this can all be handled via showcase custom fields. Several members have done this (I believe Nick even posted a how to).
They are for dimensions, but not file size (just like core xf).

I love how items are displayed in search. Add a little darker background to item to show it's important and it'll be perfect.

showcase.items.appear.in.search.webp

logotest22.png

Excellent Showcase !
http://awalkerbit.me/showcase/

Getting even better. What a great site.
This image zoom thing is really cool.
upload_2013-8-28_19-23-34.webp

Best showcase ever:
http://www.familyguyfans.com/showcase/klaus-heissler.80/

upload_2013-8-28_19-25-16.webp

Q: does anyone know if Tabs in showcase are real URLs ? ie. A link can direct someone to a specific tab ?

Last edited:
Q: does anyone know if Tabs in showcase are real URLs ? ie. A link can direct someone to a specific tab ?

Showcase uses a combo of Tab Containers (for the 5 custom content tabs and the Image Gallery) AND Navigation tabs (reviews and discussion threads) all of which can be direct accessed via a URL. Easiest way to see/understand this is if you are viewing the Discussion thread of an item (or on the reviews tab) and click on any tabs (it will open to that tabs content or page depending on if its a tab container or actual page).

http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/ <---- defaults to Tab 1 Content displayed
http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/#tab2 <--- content container tab that displays tab 2's content
http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/#images <--- content container tab that displays the image gallery content
http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/reviews <--- navigation tab that opens up a new page (reviews is its own PAGE just like in the RM).

In this next upcoming version, users that are tagged in a specific content tab are alerted and direct linked to open the item to that specific tab that there were tagged in.

NOTE: the above URLs are just posted to show Digital Doctor that they are infact URLs lol

If I knew you were gonna add RSS I would not have moved all my items to better blogs. *face-palm*

Bob B updated Showcase with a new update entry:

1.3.0 Stable

Declared stable for support purposes.
  • Misc minor bug fixes (all reported bugs fixed)
  • Minor CSS/Template Changes
New/enhanced features and functionality:
  • Global & Category RSS Feeds for Showcase Items
  • User Tagging in all Content Tabs
New Options:
  • Option: Enable Item Counter on Nav Tab
  • Option: Item Message Snippet Length
  • Option: Item Message RSS Snippet Length
  • Option: Display Sidebar Navigation Block (3 of these...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Brilliant work by an outstanding developer. I was about to create a suggestions thread for template overrides :) It makes it so much easier to design layouts

since upgrade i get an error whenever the showcase widgets for this enabled (latest items)
@Bob B @xfrocks
An exception occurred: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/kingdoml/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Model/Cache.php on line 39

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. array_keys() in WidgetFramework/Model/Cache.php at line 39
  3. WidgetFramework_Model_Cache->getCachedWidgets() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 487
  4. WidgetFramework_Core->_loadCachedWidget() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 565
  5. WidgetFramework_Core::loadCachedWidget() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 588
  6. WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 335
  7. WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 246
  8. WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Listener.php at line 51
  9. WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render()
  10. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  11. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  12. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  13. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
  14. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 604
  15. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kingdoml/public_html/index.php at line 13

hmmm... no changes to any renderers were made. When you have time, can you post this in the Showcase Bug reports forum in case this is a bug with one of the renderers? Im also not sure which renderer, since SC doesn't have a renderer called "latest items". That must be the name of the block title you are using.

Top Bottom