s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
example codes

Code:
<iframe src="http://www.disclose.tv/embed/170437" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://www.disclose.tv" title="UFO Videos Conspiracy Forum">Disclose.tv</a> - <a href="http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/170437/3000_Mile_Wide_Disc_Caught_By_ISS_Mar_29_2014/">3000 Mile Wide Disc Caught By ISS?</a></p>

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Updated CBSNews

CBS News now uses two different new players with two different sets of IDs and a new URL scheme.

• old URLs still work with their new old player
  • new URLs work with their new new player
  • new URLs pointing to old videos don't work with any player because they only carry a fake ID number for some reason

I'll try to investigate that last case when I have time.

Read the rest of this update entry...

any news about my request to add http://www.disclose.tv/

I've looked into it and I don't think the site is a good fit for the pack so I don't intend to add it in the forseeable future. If you look into the support forum you might be able to find a tutorial and create the definition for yourself.

Did the Daily Show edit their codes again? I can't get this to work any longer:

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/extended-interviews/rpgevm/exclusive-matt-taibbi-extended-interview
That URL scheme is new to me but I don't know when they actually added it. The good news is I've updated the online configurator and if you want you can grab the new BBCode there. The bad news is there's currently a bug on their website that prevent those videos from working. (they're incorrectly categorized as "playlist") If you edit the BBCode to replace "playlist" with "video" they should work.

I've looked into it and I don't think the site is a good fit for the pack so I don't intend to add it in the forseeable future. If you look into the support forum you might be able to find a tutorial and create the definition for yourself.

That URL scheme is new to me but I don't know when they actually added it. The good news is I've updated the online configurator and if you want you can grab the new BBCode there. The bad news is there's currently a bug on their website that prevent those videos from working. (they're incorrectly categorized as "playlist") If you edit the BBCode to replace "playlist" with "video" they should work.
I think its something new they're doing for the extended interview segments. They used to be available in parts (pt. 1, pt.2., etc.) but now they're available as one interview.

I gotta be honest - I have no f-ing clue how that configurator interface works.

Over Million people use this site and all forums script have this bbcode, but you dont like it??If you dont like it million people all over world use it, nevermind will find other solution.

I think its something new they're doing for the extended interview segments. They used to be available in parts (pt. 1, pt.2., etc.) but now they're available as one interview.

I gotta be honest - I have no f-ing clue how that configurator interface works.
The online configurator is easy to use and lets you have just the BB Code Media Sites that you require from this add-on rather than all of them. Simply tick the ones you want, then download the XML file which you use instead of the one that accompanies the add-on. You install/upgrade in the usual way - upload the latest version downloaded from here (or you can download MediaBBCodes.php from the configurator and upload it to library/s9e/) and then use the XML file you created. If you bookmark the configurator page in your browser after you've ticked the BB Code Media Sites you require, you can then use the bookmark in the future to have all of those sites already ticked for you (and you'll only need to update the bookmark if you add any other sites).

The online configurator is easy to use and lets you have just the BB Code Media Sites that you require from this add-on rather than all of them. Simply tick the ones you want, then download the XML file which you use instead of the one that accompanies the add-on. You install/upgrade in the usual way - upload the latest version downloaded from here (or you can download MediaBBCodes.php from the configurator and upload it to library/s9e/) and then use the XML file you created. If you bookmark the configurator page in your browser after you've ticked the BB Code Media Sites you require, you can then use the bookmark in the future to have all of those sites already ticked for you (and you'll only need to update the bookmark if you add any other sites).
So you just download the XML with whatever boxes ticked you want, then install the XML like you would any other addon? Or, install the .php file directly via FTP and don't bother with the XML? Not do them both?

So you just download the XML with whatever boxes ticked you want, then install the XML like you would any other addon? Or, install the .php file directly via FTP and don't bother with the XML? Not do them both?
You need to do both, just like you would do for any other add-on - upload the php file via FTP and then install in the ACP using the XML file.

@Rambro I mentionned the online configurator because I don't intend to update the resource here until they fix their website or I implement a workaround (preferably the former) and I didn't know whether it was important for you to post that link. You don't have to use the configurator if you don't want to exclude any site from the pack, you can save both files as-is and it'll be the same files as I release here, which are the same files you can find on GitHub. Or you can wait for an update here if that's easier for you.

By the way, in case anybody's curious here's what happens on my side whenever I change anything related to media sites:
  1. I update my library s9e\TextFormatter with the new definitions
  2. I run the test suite locally, which among other things ensures I didn't break anything
  3. I prepare the release branches with a script
  4. I upload the changes to GitHub
  5. While everything's churning I create a regression test in my local copy of s9e\XenForoMediaBBCodes if applicable
  6. I run a script that:
    1. Pulls the changes from s9e\TextFormatter back to my local copy of s9e\XenForoMediaBBCodes
    2. Runs the s9e\XenForoMediaBBCodes test suite
    3. Generates the files for the add-on
    4. Uploads the changes to GitHub (which triggers the test suite on Travis, because sometimes things work fine here but can fail on Travis)
    5. Generates the online configurator
    6. Uploads the new online configurator
    7. Creates a zip file locally, containing all the files for the add-on
  7. While the script is running, I update my local installation of XenForo
  8. Once my local XenForo is updated I test one last time whether the new/updated BBCode works
  9. If everything works everywhere, I come here and manually post the updated zip file
The whole process takes about 20 minutes (that duration increases with the number of sites supported) but it only requires ~5 minutes of my full attention. When I updated the DailyShow to handle Rambro's URL, all the "theorical" tests passed (meaning the add-on generated the same output as Comedy Central's embed code) but the practical test (me using the URL on my local XenForo) failed and that's why there's a new file on GitHub and in the online configurator but there's no update here.

Last edited:
Seems easier to just wait for the updates to the resource.
If you want ALL BB Code Media sites from this add-on then yes, it is easier to wait. However if you only want some of them (I only want 5 and don't want the default ones - YouTube etc - overwritten) then the online configurator is what you should use.

What's the use case for turning eBay links into media embeds? Can you point me to a post in your forums where it's being used? (in pm if you don't want to post the URL publicly)

Top Bottom