s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Ok, that seems reasonably useful so I'll look into it ASAP. I just need to figure out how to deal with ccTLDs and the issue of currency, because apparently the currency used in the price depends on the domain name.

Apart from single items, do people post any other kind of eBay links that would need to be embedded?

This media pack uses the flash player version for YouTube (which is fine since most people do use that).

But if you're like me, you really do want html5 (though take notice, not all older browsers will support it).

It's really speed vs compatibility. HTML5 is faster loading and while all current modern browser support it, some older browser may not. Flash is slower loading, but supported by virtually everyone.

PHP:
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}?wmode=opaque&html5=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Personally, I of course use HMTL5. I think only 1 person complained about not being able to use YouTube.

It has nothing to do with embedding external content though. Those articles discuss using iframes as the main navigation for your own content.

Iframes are currently—and by far—the best way to embed third-party content. For instance, Twitter doesn't support embedding tweets as iframes and that's the main reason it's not in this pack. If you want to embed a tweet you have to retrieve their HTML and inject their HTML into your page, then you have to run their JavaScript on your page. And whenever someone finds an exploit in Twitter, the exploit can run on your page, which is super crazy.

It has nothing to do with embedding external content though. Those articles discuss using iframes as the main navigation for your own content.

Iframes are currently—and by far—the best way to embed third-party content.

This needs to be reiterated.

@JoshyPHP Great work on that eBay code. Looks slick as hell.

I noticed that it runs the countdown clock in real time. Does it also work that way for bids? Say, if after I post it 3 bids come in, will it update the code at a set interval?

@JoshyPHP Great work on that eBay code. Looks slick as hell.

Thanks but that's really all eBay. All I do is create an iframe. :)

About the bids... I don't know, but from what I could see everything should be in real time. There is no "updating" performed on your (forum's) side, it's all straight from eBay in real time.

Thanks but that's really all eBay. All I do is create an iframe. :)

About the bids... I don't know, but from what I could see everything should be in real time. There is no "updating" performed on your (forum's) side, it's all straight from eBay in real time.
I meant more updating as in retrieving info from eBay.

What happens when the item ends? Does it show the final bid price?

I don't know. I know next to nothing about eBay. eBay's widget uses Flash, that might be the problem here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom