s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
Just wanted to ping you if you can check if Add a title to the click-to-load placeholders where available option is working on 2.3. Thanks!

Update: Based on logs, it definitely has been working on 2.3 betas. So, I am guessing it is just a temporary glitch from YouTube's end which does happen regularly.

Last edited:
The logic for fetching those titles is a bit fuzzy. If there are already 2 pending fetches, it won't try to add more, and even if there are no pending fetches it won't execute more than 1 for the current page. That's why even on an empty forum with no users, some titles may be missing, even if temporarily. I gave it very conservative values because fetching a video's title synchronously while the page is being generated can delay it by a lot more than you save using a lightweight placeholder.

yeah i remember how you implemented it. the thing is that the entirety of the xf_oembed table has null in the title column. it's likely youtube is restricting my ip or something because it definitely was fetching titles properly on beta builds of 2.3. have disabled this feature right now and would try again after a few days. thanks!

XenForo adds a NULL entry when it attempts (or schedules? can't remember) a new oEmbed fetch. If the cron thing that updates oEmbeds runs a bit behind, it's possible that you'll find some of those. I think they remain null when XenForo gives up after a number of failed attempts. That could somewhat explain those entries, although I'm kinda guessing here. 😅

We're running Xenforo 2.0 and won't be able to upgrade for another year (nobody available to do the work).

I temporarily disabled s9e to see if X.com would start working.
When I went to re-enable s9e, it's giving me an error saying that it requires PHP 7.4.
I am not trying to upgrade. I'm just trying to turn it back on. It was working fine when I clicked the disable button as a test.
Any suggestions?

Edit:
Nevermind, I downgraded from 2.8.3 to 2.7.18 and was able to enable again.

Top Bottom