s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I did a visual inspection of all the example URLs earlier when I updated and it worked. I've just tested again with http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles.html and it worked as expected. However, it seems that their new site doesn't show the ".html" in URLs anymore but their embed code doesn't work without it.

Long story short, for the time being add .html to the URL and it should work. I'll look into it and produce a proper fix by tomorrow.

The new layout has an embed code that works - look for the circle under the video with 3 dots. From the dropdown, there's an embed option. Copy and paste, and hey presto.

how to update it just overwrite files or must uninstallit
That depends on how you installed this add-on.

For most add-ons you just upload the files and upgrade using the XML file provided. You can do the same with this add-on too.

There is an additional option with this add-on, as detailed on the Overview tab for this resource:

Most of the definitions found in this pack are compatible with existing definitions, but some of them may not be. Note that this add-on replaces the default media sites. If you only want to install some of the BBCodes found in this pack, you can try the experimental configurator interface.
I use this option as it allows me to only add the BBCodes that I want rather than all of them. I also don't upgrade the add-on if the only changes are additions/changes to BBCodes that I don't use.

@JoshyPHP I don't know if this is possible, but when I upgrade the add-on I always go through the XML file (which in my case I get from the experimental configurator) and edit the width and height values for the BBCode Media Sites that I use. However, I also have to edit the MediaBBCodes.php file as some BBCode Media Sites have their width and height values in there. Is there any way that all width and height values could appear in the XML file so that there is just one place to make the edits?

@Lexy As Martok said. You can overwrite everything like you're installing for the first time.

@Martok You can control the dimensions of most (all?) of the media sites in the admin panel. This post shows how to edit the sites that havea PHP renderer. Ideally I'd want to give people the option to save their custom templates (and/or custom dimensions) in the "experimental" configurator interface but I haven't had the time to really think about it.

Do you have an example of people posting links to Rdio? Please post of couple of examples and I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Here you go...hope this helps! Thanks again for looking into this.

Rdio Blog on Embedding

Rdio Web Playback API

Album Share Code Example (Awake by Tycho):
Code:
http://rd.io/x/QVgjHCJiXM4/

Song Share Code Example (Awake by Tycho):
Code:
http://rd.io/x/QVgjHDdd2ak0/

Embed Code Example:
Code:
<iframe width="400" height="80" src="https://rd.io/i/QVgjHDdd2ak0/" frameborder="0"></iframe>

There are multiple sizes to choose from with the embed code (400 x 400, 300 x 300, 500 x 500, 600 x 600, 400 x 80, 500 x 80, 400 x 36, etc.)

If you need more examples, you can play any music you want from Rdio's website and just click on the Share button while playing to get direct share links and embed code (like above) for copying.

In my searching around, I've seen embedded Rdio players in WordPress, Twitter and Tumblr, so hopefully it will be do-able in XF.

@Lexy As Martok said. You can overwrite everything like you're installing for the first time.

@Martok You can control the dimensions of most (all?) of the media sites in the admin panel. This post shows how to edit the sites that havea PHP renderer. Ideally I'd want to give people the option to save their custom templates (and/or custom dimensions) in the "experimental" configurator interface but I haven't had the time to really think about it.
Thanks for this. I assume though that if I edit these in the ACP then I'd have to do so each time I upgrade?

If this is the case, to save me editing directly in the admin panel (which means doing them one at a time), can I make the edits in the XML file, i.e. change

Code:
<![CDATA[<!-- s9e_MediaBBCodes::renderUstream() -->]]>
to say
Code:
<![CDATA[<!-- s9e_MediaBBCodes::renderUstream(600, 360) -->]]>

If so then I can edit these and the other 'standard' ones in the XML file in one go and when I upgrade they are then all set as required.

In an early post someone mentioned xenForo FB and youtube embeds worked better than these, and if it was possible to exclude the ones we don't want to add or overwrite?

Has this been updated since?

Last time I checked, the YouTube embed from this pack was strictly better than the default one. Handles more URLs and playlists. I don't know about Facebook but if there was something missing from this pack I assume somebody would have posted about it.

If you only want some of the sites, you can use the online configurator.

In an early post someone mentioned xenForo FB and youtube embeds worked better than these, and if it was possible to exclude the ones we don't want to add or overwrite?

Has this been updated since?

You can use the experimental configurator detailed in the overview of this resource to select just the BBCode Media sites you want to add.

Thanks for chiming in guys.

So, before I install this, I'm a little unclear what the "experimental configurator" is or what the online configurator does. Do/can I still upload this and have the option to choose what I want installed?

How does the instal work or am I misunderstanding something?

Top Bottom