QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
Have just updated to 2.0.5.1 (xf 1.3 RC1) from 1.6 (xf 1.1) and after highlighting text and pressing/clicking the QuoteMe link, nothing appears in the reply box?
I searched the thread, but didn't find any mention of this in search results.
Look inside the addon options. The paragraph 4 of the FAQ is related.

Doesn't help, my issue is unrelated to touch screens or mobile devices.
No, but it should be related to the option which is mentionned in this paragraph. Have you at least gone in this addon options and read the first one of them?

• Do you have activated the transpage mode ? If yes, a button should be displayed below the editor to get the quotes.
  • Do you have a JavaScript error in your browser console ?
You can also try to force to refresh your browser cache with updating the XenForo Javascript version number (check the paragraph 8 of this other Faq).

Last edited:
Thank you for a great add on. One thing we are finding to report is that the button(s) size change to a smaller size from the main forum list to in the threads view. Is this normal?

Edit: Sorry wrong error/addon all is good.

Last edited:
Just updated to XenForo 1.3 and QuoteMe 2.0.5.1
But whereas 1.2.4 with previous QM version was working OK (popup button near cursor), now the QuoteMe popup button goes far away... and there's no more option to change the button's position, as there was before.
Any solution or tweaks?
Thanx!

This add-on gets my vote as one of the single most valuable add-ons in the xenforo universe. Reason: it's just such an intuitive response to an age-old problem in the forum world: responding to multiple comments scattered in multiple posts. There's nothing more intuitive than highlighting the snippet you want to respond to and then having that automatically appear in the quick reply box so that you can respond to it coherently, with minimal effort.

The new "quote" feature in xen 1.3 I find terribly unintuitive, and I actually quite dislike it. It is perhaps because I have seen and used QuoteME! that I feel this way.

This add-on gets my vote as one of the single most valuable add-ons in the xenforo universe. Reason: it's just such an intuitive response to an age-old problem in the forum world: responding to multiple comments scattered in multiple posts. There's nothing more intuitive than highlighting the snippet you want to respond to and then having that automatically appear in the quick reply box so that you can respond to it coherently, with minimal effort.

The new "quote" feature in xen 1.3 I find terribly unintuitive, and I actually quite dislike it. It is perhaps because I have seen and used QuoteME! that I feel this way.
Can't agree with you more. That is the reason why I use this add-on too.

Really don't like new XF quoting...

We have an issue, which we cannot trace ourselves:
When quoting someone, once you press "Post Reply", the reply is added, but then the QuoteMe button stops to function totally, you have to manually reload the page in order to be able to use QuoteMe again. Any idea how to fix this?

I've tried skimming through this thread but I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to why the QuoteMe button appears at the top of the page instead of beside the highlighted text? Can I adjust this button somehow so it appears at least within view?

We have an issue, which we cannot trace ourselves:
When quoting someone, once you press "Post Reply", the reply is added, but then the QuoteMe button stops to function totally, you have to manually reload the page in order to be able to use QuoteMe again. Any idea how to fix this?
Can't reproduce ; which browser are you using ? Any error in the browser console ?

Can't reproduce ; which browser are you using ? Any error in the browser console ?
Any browser (valid for all users, Firefox/Chrome etc), how do I check Chrome log on Mac? Haven't found any option for error log.
You can test yourself: rassvet.com - just register, create a random post, replicate the behavior and you'll see. If that's not too much to ask. :)

Any browser (valid for all users, Firefox/Chrome etc), how do I check Chrome log on Mac? Haven't found any option for error log.
You can test yourself: rassvet.com - just register, create a random post, replicate the behavior and you'll see. If that's not too much to ask. :)
I've tested (on your website) and it works for me (FF+Chrome). May be one of your browser extension ; you should check.

Hi @cclaerhout

I think I've found a bug. When I quote somebody, then hit the "post reply" button, I try to quote again (without refreshing the page), and the "quote me" button doesn't work anymore. It doesn't paste the intended quote in the editor.

Hi @cclaerhout

I think I've found a bug. When I quote somebody, then hit the "post reply" button, I try to quote again (without refreshing the page), and the "quote me" button doesn't work anymore. It doesn't paste the intended quote in the editor.
See my previous reply in this thread : I can't reproduce this on FF or Chrome. What is the browser & what is configuration are you using (quoteME config + which editor) ?

Top Bottom