ooooooo is this new?

Regarding Ignoring Users:

Suppose that User "A" ignores user "B".
Suppose that User "A" does NOT ignore user "C".
Suppose that User "C" does NOT ignore user "B".
Suppose that User "C" quotes something posted from User "B".
Will User "A" see the material from user "B" through the quotation from user "C"?

Also ...

From User "A" 's point of view, will user "B" 's post never appear, or will they appear with a message like "You are ignoring this user."

Quoted content from ignored users is not shown.

Posts from ignored users are not shown - there is a link at the bottom of each page to "Show ignored content".
There is no placeholder text in the thread though, as there is with other software.

Quoted content from ignored users is not shown.
Can that be disabled? The problem is, when you still see the reply to a quote, but not the quote itself, there is context missing, and sometimes the reply then looks completely random and unrelated and you have no idea why. Also, at least in my forum, people write quotes without attribution all the time (either because they split a quote in several parts and just put [quote] before each, or because they just copy and paste quotes and don’t use the quote links at all), so it would not work reliably anyway.

Originally it was like that but there were a lot of comments and complaints so it was implemented.

You will be able to edit your own installation to change it, but it's not an ACP option if that's what you're asking.

If the ignored user variable is exposed in the quote template, you could just use a template conditional.

If the ignored user variable is exposed in the quote template, you could just use a template conditional.
We’ll see how the templates look when 1.1 is out, but it looks like ignored content is only hidden via CSS anyway. So a simple “.bbCodeQuote.ignored { display: block !important; }” in the CSS is enough to show quotes by ignored users. Not really an elegant solution of course; but works on any xenForo site (e.g. this one) via user CSS.

Forgive me if this is already in v1.0.x, but I just replied to a post on the forums here that was on the first page of a multi-page thread, and it showed my reply on the same (first) page, with some previous posts before mine (from the second page) included and a "There are more posts to display. View them?" bar/link in the middle.

Is that new in 1.1, or am I just behind the times?

Either way - I like it.

more posts to display.webp

I see the number on the right hand side of the page next to the Like button.

That makes sense. What I'm referring to is the extra permalink that's in the screenshot of the first page.

The Link to the permalink Box is really hidden. Maybe this can be behind a link called share or simlar? That would be perfect.

You can do that with a simple template edit (I posted earlier in the thread how to do it).

Top Bottom