Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
I am having difficulty figuring this, unlike so many here.

1- I click on NODE TREE.

2- I click on the top CATEGORY (Welcome!).

b64cbbef5376f68803bb2a7558aa5ece.webp

3- Check - Display in the node list

5cdcc6646e87c656b6c29f88d611b5d6.webp

4- Enable Popup menu

28715043f8f7d8d3e798c2054c4611c8.webp

5- Save Category

Then going to the next item, Welcome to V.I. Control! (FORUM)

6- Going through the list, check - Display in the node list

20ab9dc093f57a8b4276303fe35a4dd7.webp

7- For the rest the plot thickens. Could you help me put the right info in the right place?

So far the top menu has nodes side by side.

171c3fc273309c17e683a7c491718a08.webp

Thanks!

Andre

@creativeforge

Your picture shows you have 3 tabs, one parent and two of its children. That is a bit unusual and probably not your intention. Normally only the parent node would be a tab. The child nodes can be displayed as child links just by setting the parent to be a tab with an appropriate depth of child links.

Yes, thanks Jake. If there was a tutorial for dummies, I would gladly follow it... I keep running into questions that I can't find answers to. I don't know why. Is it compatible with PixelExit Core style?

Hi Jake, I mean - I need help figuring the first steps to use this addon. there are many terms I don't know where to place, how to connect the dots, etc.

Thanks!

Andre

Hey Jake, I have managed to create a couple of nodes as tabs ... however, I cannot get rid of the other 2 .. that are already in the drop down part of the tree.

1-png.110776.webp
2-png.110777.webp

Christian

M3L Community

Hi,
Great addon, this is perfect for my needs.

I was wondering if there was a way to create a tab parent that wasn't clickable. The having all of its children clickable.

so for example....

-My Links (not clickable)
--My Link1 (clickable)
--My Link2 (clickable)
--My Link3 (clickable)

I would like to make the parent (My Links) so that when you click on it, it just opens the drop down menu instead of taking you to a url. In the same way as the little arrow to the right of the tab does.
The idea of this is that when browing my site on a mobile device, I am finding it very annoying trying to be accurate enough with my finger presses on the tabs to hit the little arrow, and it would be great to be able to just press the whole tab without keep accidentally being taken to a different page and having to come back.

Does that make sense? I hope I have explained it properly.

Thanks all

@creativeforge

Your picture shows you have 3 tabs, one parent and two of its children. That is a bit unusual and probably not your intention. Normally only the parent node would be a tab. The child nodes can be displayed as child links just by setting the parent to be a tab with an appropriate depth of child links.

Are you saying the I only need to setup the parent as a tab, and the children will automatically show under that tab?

Hi,
Great addon, this is perfect for my needs.

I was wondering if there was a way to create a tab parent that wasn't clickable. The having all of its children clickable.

so for example....

-My Links (not clickable)
--My Link1 (clickable)
--My Link2 (clickable)
--My Link3 (clickable)

I would like to make the parent (My Links) so that when you click on it, it just opens the drop down menu instead of taking you to a url. In the same way as the little arrow to the right of the tab does.
The idea of this is that when browing my site on a mobile device, I am finding it very annoying trying to be accurate enough with my finger presses on the tabs to hit the little arrow, and it would be great to be able to just press the whole tab without keep accidentally being taken to a different page and having to come back.

Does that make sense? I hope I have explained it properly.

Thanks all

There is no such option in this addon, but here are two mods that might interest you:

Make entire nav tab trigger popup (instead of just the down arrow)
Change popup menu delay

Top Bottom