3. 1.3
  4. 1.4
  5. 1.5
Visible branding
No
Screen shot 2013-07-22 at 12.11.09 PM.webp
Screen shot 2013-07-22 at 12.20.19 PM.webp

Description:
This addon enables content publishing to the navbar via nodes. Using the different node types you can:

1) Split up your forum list over multiple tabs.
2) Add external links to the navbar (link forums).
3) Publish your own static or dynamic content to the navbar (page nodes).

Backend options:
This is a picture of the configurable tab options that are added to each node by this addon, and some additional global options:

Screen shot 2013-07-22 at 12.34.29 PM.webp Screen shot 2013-07-19 at 12.03.28 AM.webp

Installation:
This addon uses the standard install procedure...

1) Upload the files. The zip file contains an "upload" folder. Upload the contents of that folder, thereby creating a library/NodesAsTabs directory on your server.
2) Import the XML in your Admin CP. You can enter the path to the XML file on the server (./library/NodesAsTabs/addon-NodesAsTabs.xml) or use the Browse button to upload it from your computer:

Screen shot 2012-05-02 at 6.51.24 PM.webp

Usage:
To create a node as a tab you simply need to set these two options as shown below (the first of which is a standard node option, the second of which is added by this addon):

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the node]

Screen shot 2012-05-02 at 6.24.06 PM.webp

Screen shot 2012-05-02 at 6.24.32 PM.webp

You can enable both options if you want the node to be listed in both places, but normally you would only enable one.

Features:
- Allows you to display any node as a tab in the navbar.
- Supports all node types (categories, forums, pages, and link forums).
- Supports tab selection when you enter a node tab.
- All child nodes and other content underneath a node tab will continue to show that parent tab as being selected in the navbar. That includes children of a node tab down to any depth as well as threads and posts inside of those nodes. The containing tab will continue to show as selected.
- Breadcrumbs under a node tab are modified to be rooted to that node so that crumbs for higher level nodes (above the tab) are not shown.

Here are some examples of forums that use this addon:

Core Freedom - Wisdom for your Soul, Practical Tools for Life
http://theinfinityprogram.com/
WTF!?
http://www.americantrophyshowcase.com/

Technical details:
- This addon creates one new table called nat_options. All data for this addon is contained in that table. It doesn't change anything else in the database. As such, this addon can be disabled or uninstalled very easily without any lasting effects.
- This addon has 0 query overhead. Extra query overhead is only incurred when you enable the permission options and unread counter for a tab.
Author
Jake Bunce
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.99 star(s) 99 ratings

More resources from Jake Bunce

Latest updates

1. 1.5.1 Changes

Added an option for node tab links to open in a new window.
  2. 1.2.2 Changes

Added option to display popup menu links as columns. This allows you to recreate the "JumpMenu"...
  3. 1.2.1 Changes

1) Added API for other non-default node types to use. In particular, [bd] Widget Framework will...

Latest reviews

Thank you very much. Works Great!!! I spent almost all day searching for something that would work out for me, and was about to give up, but came across your link :)
Einwandfrei. Warum ist das nicht direkt im Forum integriert?
Für mich ein essentielles Feature! Installation und Betrieb laufen einwandfrei.
Still one of the most useful add-ons I've ever used. So many options so I can extend my forum easily with new features. Thank you.
Thank for this awesome add-on, this is one of those add-on no forum should be with out. I installed it and work perfectly.
This is such a useful add-on, and it really should be included as default to go along with the Pages functionality. Thank you for releasing this - it works perfectly and does exactly what you'd expect. 5 stars!
One of the best add-ons I have come across. Works great, looks great, no problems. Just very well done.
This is easily one of the most useful and valuable add-ons I have for xF. It has really extended what I can do with our forum and allowed me to customize some things that I did not previously have control over. Excellent add-on, highly recommended.
This makes forum more user friendly, its best and easy navigation menu system, works like a charm , also very easy to setup. recommended for all XF forums :)
This addon is extremely useful and works even better than I expected. Better and more useful than many paid for addons so well worth making a donation - keep up the good work Jake!
Wonderful add-on. Thank you very very very much! The add-on Works just great and it was really easy to configure. It's hard to belive someone has built something as good as this for Xenforo!
Top Bottom