Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
For instance, it does not like a list made this way:

Code:
<ol><li>Your contact details.</li>
<li>The full bibliographic details of the material.</li>
<li>The exact and full url where you found the material.</li>
<li>Proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorized representative.</li></ol>

The same is true for bulleted lists (<ui>). Additionally, I adjusting the cell spacing/padding for tables does not actually change spacing/padding.

Code:
<table style="width: 720px;" border="1" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3">
<tbody>
<tr>

Does this help?

You're probably both right. I shouldn't be filling this role. I'm just a writer. Unfortunately, nobody else wants the job. :<

Thank you both once again. As I said, fabulous plugin! Off to learn to use baseHtml classes.

I've added this and working fine thank you but am wondering if it's possible to make the links in the tab open a new browser and not stay within the same one?

I tried adding the a href tags but doesn't work.

I've added this and working fine thank you but am wondering if it's possible to make the links in the tab open a new browser and not stay within the same one?

I tried adding the a href tags but doesn't work.

The tab itself? Or the secondary links underneath the tab?

For the tab itself you would have to edit the navigation template and manually add the tab (not using this addon):

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-add-a-new-tab-in-the-navbar.7781/

That would allow you to add a target to the anchor tag to open it in a new window. For example:

Rich (BB code):
<a href="LINK" target="_blank">

For the secondary links underneath the tab you can use the Links Template option in this addon to create your own template where you can use HTML to specify link targets.

Thanks jake I thought this Add-On may make it easier when updates come around, but will edit the Template.

Thanks again :)

Jake sorry to continue with this but I don't have enough privelages to reply in the thread you listed and have no idea why and am wanting to know about adding extra Tabs and your reply here -

You are limited by horizontal space. If you want more tabs but you run out of room then you need to increase the width of your forum:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller

If our forum is already at full width what is the best way then to add new tabs so they look correct as they do with this Add-On here please?

Thank you.

If our forum is already at full width what is the best way then to add new tabs so they look correct as they do with this Add-On here please?

You can reduce the width of the individual tabs:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Rich (BB code):
.navTabs .publicTabs .navLink
{
	padding: 0 15px;
}

.navTabs .visitorTabs .navLink
{
	padding: 0 10px;
}

Those are the default padding values. You can decrease them to make the tabs less wide in order to fit more.

Thank you very much Jake, did some more testing and work fit out without having to change the padding values :)

I tried upgrading to your latest version since this addon isn't working for me anymore but I got this error:
Error
Please enter a valid callback method.
I uninstalled it then deleted the nodesastabs folder in Library, re-uploaded the latest version to the server then attempted to reinstall and got the same error.

I tried upgrading to your latest version since this addon isn't working for me anymore but I got this error:
Error
Please enter a valid callback method.
I uninstalled it then deleted the nodesastabs folder in Library, re-uploaded the latest version to the server then attempted to reinstall and got the same error.

The addon not working and the error during the upgrade both indicate a file problem. The files must not be correct. Make sure you are uploading the files to the right location. Inside of the zip file is an "upload" folder. The contents of that folder go into your XF folder.

Hi Jake,

I love this mod - fantastic work.

I have some top level page nodes with children that will be ideal to show as tabs.

My problem is... I tend to use descriptive page titles. These do not lend themselves to being tab names.
This mod really needs a way to override the node name... eg, an option on each node to specify what text appears on the tab.

I think it would be useful for other people too and improve the mods flexibility just a little.

I'm looking at a way to hack what I need but until I can work this out I cant use it as is. Being new to xenForo I'm not that great at hacking mods yet as it is way different to vB!

Anyway, hope you like the suggestion and I will share any hacks to the code I manage to get working.

Cheers,

This mod really needs a way to override the node name... eg, an option on each node to specify what text appears on the tab.

Very much agree. I had to change ALL my category titles which was annoying. Descriptive titles are good for users buyt with NAT we can't have them.

Jae p0lease have pity and add this option - label the node tabs. After all there's the node number as an ID.

<title stuff>

Thanks for the suggestion. I will consider that. In the meantime...

Are you using the description field for anything? It's a simple matter to substitute the title for the description:

library/NodesAsTabs/NavTabs.php

Replace title with description.

Rich (BB code):
			if ($forceOrder[$nodeTab['nat_position']])
			{
				// PUT IN TEMP ARRAY FOR MERGE LATER
				$forceTemp['nodetab' . $nodeTab['node_id']] = array(
					'title' => $nodeTab['title'],
					'href' => $optionsModel->buildLink($nodeTab),
					'position' => $nodeTab['nat_position'],
					'linksTemplate' => $linksTemplate,
					'childLinks' => $childLinks,
					'nodeTab' => $nodeTab
				);
			}
			else
			{
				// ADD A NAV TAB FOR THIS NODE
				$extraTabs['nodetab' . $nodeTab['node_id']] = array(
					'title' => $nodeTab['title'],
					'href' => $optionsModel->buildLink($nodeTab),
					'position' => $nodeTab['nat_position'],
					'linksTemplate' => $linksTemplate,
					'childLinks' => $childLinks,
					'nodeTab' => $nodeTab
				);
			}

I have changed the install code, the plugin, admin templates, 2 new phrases and where the tab name is set. It uses a dedicated field instead of the description hack above.

Easy... hope I havent missed anything. Jake, feel free to adopt these changes.

Note for other people... this alteration allows you to specify an alternative text for the tab name (instead of using node title). I offer no support, it is briefly tested only and it's just a stop gap until, or if this is included natively.

Attachments

Oh that's wonderful big thanks
but no disrespect, Jake please check it to see if it fits with your plans for the mod?

Oh that's wonderful big thanks
but no disrespect, Jake please check it to see if it fits with your plans for the mod?
It's just an extra field and it swaps in the title. I cant see how it wouldnt fit but i guess Jake may want to handle the title swapping another way. I just went for speed and ease :)

After reading DP suggestion jake I was wondering whether it would be possible to add a counter of your choice to this add-on. Not sure it's something you may want to add or if it's possible but something I felt would be nice to have.

Top Bottom