Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Just wondering but I think I know already the answer, you can't configure a tab to be displayed only when you are in a specific category, for example ?
I'm asking that because I've 2 categories which both have a load of forums inside, and I don't want to put in a tab something unrelated to the other category (because for most of users they will be interested either category1 or category2 but not both, so I don't want to mix information).
Creating a tab like notices with criterias would have been welcomed, I guess.
As DD says, just create 2 tabs with each one having a category in each

See here how mine is:
http://www.aircraftpilots.com/categories/media.4/

Thanks, but not sure to follow, I'm probably tired and i've probably not fully understood how works the addon. Same player, try again tomorrow. :sleep:

Just wondering but I think I know already the answer, you can't configure a tab to be displayed only when you are in a specific category, for example ?
I'm asking that because I've 2 categories which both have a load of forums inside, and I don't want to put in a tab something unrelated to the other category (because for most of users they will be interested either category1 or category2 but not both, so I don't want to mix information).
Creating a tab like notices with criterias would have been welcomed, I guess.

I agree with DD. Just separate the content into two separate tabs (make two category tabs, each with their own forums). The user can enter whichever tab they want. The content will not be mixed.

Or maybe you want to hide the other tab when it's not selected? See this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/move-menu-items.20654/#post-263851

Subject possibly to this bug which was just recently fixed in 1.1.2:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/extratabid-missing-from-nav-tab.25643/

I've fallen in love with the Quick Navigation Menu especially as I can customise its links!
I've added it to my Sidebar template no problem, now I want it as a top level tab because it's so dandy.

Code:
<a href="{xen:link misc/quick-navigation-menu, '', 'selected={$quickNavSelected}'}" class="OverlayTrigger jumpMenuTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="true" title="{xen:phrase open_quick_navigation}">QUICKMENU</a>

That's what I have which works fine, triggers the popup from my sidebar.
I think I have to put the full URL for a Linkforum which can then be a tab though?

Code:
http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/circle/misc/quick-navigation-menu, '', 'selected={$quickNavSelected}'}" class="OverlayTrigger jumpMenuTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="true" title="{xen:phrase open_quick_navigation}

Except I can't find a filepath like that - with a "misc" directory.
Also what about all that stuff after the URL - will the tab cope with that?"

The quick nav page is not a node, and using a link forum doesn't make it a node, so it can't be put into the navbar using this addon.

An idea is to create a page node with a callback function. PHP code can be written to display the quick nav in a page node. But of course this requires a programmer.

Oh. I think I understand what you are trying to do. You want a nav tab that opens the overlay.

That will actually require a template edit since overlay links need special code that is not in the extraTabs skeleton.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> navigation

Near the bottom, add the red code:

Rich (BB code):
		<!-- extra tabs: end -->
		<xen:if is="{$extraTabs.end}">
		<xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.end" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
			<xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}</a>
				<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">
					<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
						<h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
						<div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
					</div>
					{xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
				</div>
			</li>
			<xen:else />
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'PopupClosed'}">
					<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}</a>
					<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
				</li>
			</xen:if>
		</xen:foreach>

<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link misc/quick-navigation-menu, '', 'selected={$quickNavSelected}'}" class="navLink OverlayTrigger jumpMenuTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="true">QUICKMENU</a></li>

<!-- no selection -->
		<xen:if is="!{$selectedTab}">
			<li class="navTab selected"><div class="tabLinks"></div></li>

</ul>

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><xen:include template="navigation_visitor_tab" /></xen:if>
</div>

<span class="helper"></span>

</nav>	
	</div>
</div>

Oh. I think I understand what you are trying to do. You want a nav tab that opens the overlay.
That will actually require a template edit since overlay links need special code that is not in the extraTabs skeleton.
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> navigation

Jake that worked totally 100% thank you.
Dunno why I missed your post there been a bit busy as my board is getting really active.

Problem here version of XF 1.2

Server Error

mysqli_stmt::execute(): (42S21/1060): Duplicate column name 'nat_markread'
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mysqli_stmt->execute() in Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php at line 208
  3. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  4. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in NodesAsTabs/Install.php at line 31
  6. NodesAsTabs_Install::install()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxxxxxxxx.net/htdocs/forum/admin.php at line 13

Problem here version of XF 1.2

Server Error

mysqli_stmt::execute(): (42S21/1060): Duplicate column name 'nat_markread'
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mysqli_stmt->execute() in Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php at line 208
  3. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  4. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in NodesAsTabs/Install.php at line 31
  6. NodesAsTabs_Install::install()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxxxxxxxx.net/htdocs/forum/admin.php at line 13

Strange. I can't reproduce this error. But apparently the try/catch isn't working for you. A quick fix is to edit this file:

library/NodesAsTabs/Install.php

Remove this code:

Code:
		try
		{
			$db->query("
				ALTER TABLE `nat_options` ADD `nat_markread` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL AFTER `nat_childlinksperms`
			");
		}
		catch (Zend_Db_Exception $e)
		{

}

try
		{
			$db->query("
				ALTER TABLE `nat_options` ADD `nat_popup` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL AFTER `nat_linkstemplate`
			");
		}
		catch (Zend_Db_Exception $e)
		{

}

Then try installing / upgrading the addon again. That should work.

In the meantime I will investigate possible causes.

*install error*

I am guessing this error is something to do with your PHP configuration. Maybe a misbehaving extension like eAccelerator or Zend. I still can't reproduce the problem and you are the only person to report this. Having said that, I will update the install code to avoid the possibility of this error in the future. In the meantime the fix in my previous post should work.

Thanks for reporting this.

This plugin is amazing. Amazing.

One problem I've encountered is that it seems to prefer some html tags over others. For instance, it does not seem to like lists, nor does it like adjustments to table cell spacing/padding. Any solutions to this?

One problem I've encountered is that it seems to prefer some html tags over others. For instance, it does not seem to like lists, nor does it like adjustments to table cell spacing/padding. Any solutions to this?

Can you be more specific? What HTML are you adding and where?

Top Bottom