Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
I have several tabs using Linkforums and I added dropdown secondary links to them with their own connected templates.
The dropdowns all work fine, but when the tab is selected the secondary links don't appear on the secondary bar. It is just blank which looks awful.
Have I missed something?

I can think of a few ways you could have gone wrong. The Links Template only applies to the parent tab, not child nodes underneath it. And link-forums only support tab selection if you enable that option:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=1441

The secondary links under the tab are bound to the selected tab, so if tab selection isn't working then the secondary links won't show.

I can think of a few ways you could have gone wrong. The Links Template only applies to the parent tab, not child nodes underneath it. And link-forums only support tab selection if you enable that option:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=1441
The secondary links under the tab are bound to the selected tab, so if tab selection isn't working then the secondary links won't show.

Sorry Jake I didn't actually get any of that really!
I have in each case a Link Forum. It has a links template using your sample which Ive used many times now.
The links I put in the links template are Library articles mostly, or the Contact page, or a forum - might select a post even.
They all show on the dropdown OK.
But of course they are not children. I manually assign them. But I want them to appear like children on the secomdary navbar.

I have Children as Links enabled, and popup. Do I use that last one Assign to existing tab somehow? Do I have to create link forums for every secomdary link and make it a child of the first one jst to get the link to display? Bit elaborate.

Sorry Jake I didn't actually get any of that really!
I have in each case a Link Forum. It has a links template using your sample which Ive used many times now.
The links I put in the links template are Library articles mostly, or the Contact page, or a forum - might select a post even.
They all show on the dropdown OK.
But of course they are not children. I manually assign them. But I want them to appear like children on the secomdary navbar.

I have Children as Links enabled, and popup. Do I use that last one Assign to existing tab somehow? Do I have to create link forums for every secomdary link and make it a child of the first one jst to get the link to display? Bit elaborate.

I suggest:

1) Enable tab selection for link-forums.

2) Create multiple link-forums as children of the parent node tab. Each child link-forum will link to the articles and other locations you wish to pull into that tab. Then the tab selection will work by way of the child link-forums underneath the tab. You need that parent / child association to attribute those pages to the parent tab.

Parent Tab
- child link-forum pointing to article 1
- child link-forum pointing to article 2
- child link-forum pointing to article 3
- etc...

Jake thank you very much. I understand more now.

But I don't know what you mean
1) Enable tab selection for link-forums.
On a Link Forum edit page I can tell it to Display As Tab which of coursae I have done. I doin't see anuthing else matches what you say.

Could you consider beautifying NAT to enable display of the links in a links template, on the secondary bar?
It seems logical. Otherwise having around 30 Link Forums is going to make an awfully cluttered Node Tree. In fact my other sites are quite cluttered like this too though not with 30 so this is going to be a bit horrific now!

Also laboriously making a Link Forum for almost every single link under a tab rather destroys the sleekness of NAT.
But maybe there's good coding reasons why this is too difficult.

Thanks Jake got the LinkForum control now.
Shame about the secondaries. Here goes for a forest of LFs!

Is there a way, I can add a thread link about forum rules, next to What's New? Maybe if not with this add-on, but with a template edit ?

Is there a way, I can add a thread link about forum rules, next to What's New? Maybe if not with this add-on, but with a template edit ?

Go to the template editor....
TEMPLATE:
navigation

Code:
                    <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>
                    </ul>

add the line that is right before </xen:hook>

Code:
                        <li><a href="http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-14#post-466356">Rules</a></li>
                    </ul>

change the url to one leading to a page that you want.

should look something like this...
Code:
                    <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-14#post-466356">Rules</a></li>
                    </ul>

It would be great to be able to show/hide different menu items to guests and members. That way we can a custom menu that is relevant for each group.

It would be great to be able to show/hide different menu items to guests and members. That way we can a custom menu that is relevant for each group.

You can do that with node permissions for a node tab, but what you want is to add a link to an existing tab that is not a node tab. This addon has no control over tabs that are not nodes.

As EQnoble said, you can edit the navigation template to add links to the default tabs.

Top Bottom