• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting for categories - Hope you can make a post belong to multiple ones.
And Group-Blog. Let's make this simple, without this "invitation system" that is too complicated from vb. Lol
Multiple people on one blog is a maybe feature for 1.0 but it's likely to be a 1.1 feature (along with a number of others).

Right now the main goal is to make a nice, usable, integrated blog as a base. While I will attempt to add more to it, if I don't get at least basic things that are expected when you use XenForo, it immediately starts to fall on its face.

Thankfully XF makes it easy to develop. :p Tentatively speaking, beta 2 should be out before the weekend.

Just got my very first spam attack... wouldnt you know, user went straight for the [LN]Blog features. I have 7 blog entries of SPAM... sheesh.
How to remove blog entries??? Also, I need option to be able to moderate blog entries... peace

One more note... blog activity is not included with user activity as you would expect for including with user-generated content information

I have to disable [LN]Blog until such time as this problem can be corrected. I particularly enjoy having this addon BTW.. it just needs to be more robust in order to coexisat with xenForo

Just got my very first spam attack... wouldnt you know, user went straight for the [LN]Blog features. I have 7 blog entries of SPAM... sheesh.
How to remove blog entries??? Also, I need option to be able to moderate blog entries... peace

One more note... blog activity is not included with user activity as you would expect for including with user-generated content information

I have to disable [LN]Blog until such time as this problem can be corrected. I particularly enjoy having this addon BTW.. it just needs to be more robust in order to coexisat with xenForo

I believe you'll find most of what you need in beta 2.

Beta 1 doesn't have permissions for comments (for one) so even a guest, if they have access to the blogs, they can post without limit there regardless of registration status. If a member who is a spammer goes straight for the blogs, well that is bound to happen. Again, this is why I recommended beta 1 not be used in a production environment until better moderation tools were included. When such an event like this happens, you'd be caught unable to deal with it. Beta 1 was merely an announcement/small preview to make sure some basic steps were functioning correctly before I ramp it up like crazy (and I certainly have).

If you scroll through the pages, you can see there is quite a bit coming in beta 2. Just wait another day or so. ;)

How are your permissions set up...was the spam from a guest? A member?

A new registered member... [LN]Blog was only activity while logged into system... visitors are allowed to view blogs only.
There is no activity tracking code as far as [LN]Blog addon is concerned.

A new registered member... [LN]Blog was only activity while logged into system... visitors are allowed to view blogs only.
There is no activity tracking code as far as [LN]Blog addon is concerned.

He did say it's not ready for live web sites, and that it's missing basic functionality that hopefully beta 2 will have.
I recommend to go into the admin.php and disable the plugin. Then wait for beta 2 and upgrade, then enable the plugin and delete the spam. Hopefully (didn't read full thread) the spam filter option becomes available, which will be a one click solution for a spam bot's posts.

I love this addon!!!!

When you select blogs from the navbar, I would like additional option available for a member blog listing... instead a titleBar is presented which only displays board title so I removed that with following custom CSS code in my EXTRA.CSS. BTW - is there a way to do that focused on one addon rather than entire system?

Code:
.titleBar h1 {
    display: none;
}

He did say it's not ready for live web sites, and that it's missing basic functionality that hopefully beta 2 will have.
I recommend to go into the admin.php and disable the plugin. Then wait for beta 2 and upgrade, then enable the plugin and delete the spam. Hopefully (didn't read full thread) the spam filter option becomes available, which will be a one click solution for a spam bot's posts.

understood...
I am rogue admin, love to live on the edge I guess... LOL
I use XenUtils which has excellent SPAM filtering capabilities

See if there's a blog class or id mention in the div above it, then prefix your css

try #blog .titleBar or .blog .titlebar .. i dont have it installed atm to double check for you.

Floris... I just recognized you....
smile.png

How you doing good buddy??

I love this addon!!!!

When you select blogs from the navbar, I would like additional option available for a member blog listing... instead a titleBar is presented which only displays board title so I removed that with following custom CSS code in my EXTRA.CSS. BTW - is there a way to do that focused on one addon rather than entire system?

Code:
.titleBar h1 {
    display: none;
}
Which title are you talking about specifically? Like how it has "[Your site name] Blogs" on the blog home?

Couple questions I didn't see answered when scanning through the thread...

Can people post links to examples? I'd like to see it in action.

I assume there's no problem linking this to the "home" tab, correct?

We're looking forward to the Beta2 release. BTW: Don't you ever sleep? (or are you on another coding high right now?)

Keep crushing the code and knocking out a great plugin...

--Ed

Couple questions I didn't see answered when scanning through the thread...

Can people post links to examples? I'd like to see it in action.

I assume there's no problem linking this to the "home" tab, correct?

Making the home tab link to the blogs shouldn't be a problem.
We're looking forward to the Beta2 release. BTW: Don't you ever sleep? (or are you on another coding high right now?)

Keep crushing the code and knocking out a great plugin...

--Ed
I do sleep... I'm sleeping right now as a matter of fact! :p

Actually, I've been sleeping very little while working on this. Not sure why but the pace of development and the fact I want to make a decent beta for people to actually use is keeping me going. Oh yeah, and on top of all this I'm planning on releasing my new site tomorrow... you can say I have a bit of a packed schedule. ;)

It's nothing to do with profile viewing permissions, he has removed his avatar.
Ah - thanks for clarifying that. I just noticed something changed and made a bad assumption. I'm glad it's gone since I always craved a cold one when I read his posts... :)

--Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom