Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with both of you, we don't know any details either of the contracts or the action being taken by IB, a lot of this thread is just pure conjecture with regards to them.
A lot of?
Pretty much all I would say.

The only 3 people who truly know what is going on haven't posted in this thread.

The best thing we can all do for xenForo is to make a positive post somewhere on the web for this great new forum script. Then maybe make a negative post for vBabandonship.

This will give xenForo a few thousand positive backlinks and go some way to helping them fight this.
I have already done this.

vBabandonship want to copyright a programming language!!
There is nothing to be gained by negativity.
Dont fall into that trap.

I was just talking to someone and he told me this.

"Well if IB is suing over something coded in php they are idiots as you can only do so much to make functionality, if they are going sue over that they better sure a lot of other php projects as well"

A lot of?
Pretty much all I would say.

The only 3 people who truly know what is going on haven't posted in this thread.
But those *******s arent cooperating with our incessant need for gossip.
Which is only made worse by the fact that some of us were not aware that the damn thing wasnt going to magically go on sale at 12:01 AM, regardless of where you happened to be logging on from.

Anticipation can make you jump off the logic train sometimes.

Interestingly over at IPS Charles has taken the opportunity to stop Xen discussions there as well apparently.

Actually it was Lindy over at IPS - here's the why
This has been an interesting, worthwhile discussion and many great points have been raised throughout. Nonetheless, I don't feel it's appropriate to host discussion of the legal dispute between Internet Brands and Xenforo. As such, I'm going to close this topic and ask that you peruse the official forums for the respective products or a third party site such as TAZ.

As always, if you have any specific product feedback or suggestions, please do make use of our feedback forums - we're always looking for ways to improve our product line and this often starts with customer feedback!

Thank you!

http://community.invisionpower.com/...ript-xenforo/page__view__findpost__p__2026000

yes but he wrote the post on here that I was referring to.
Is reading on the internet really this hard?
No he didnt. He quoted it from the vBulletin.com forums

You owe him an apology - all he did was copy/paste the announcement...if you had clicked the link provided you would have seen that.

Changed to IB
SorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorry
SorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorry

Changed to IB

Why did it take you so long to compute? :rolleyes:

I went to bed for a couple of hours and have 20 more pages of reading to do!

Anyways, not long now until it goes on sale!!! Buy buttons at the ready!!

buy-buttonXSmall.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom