XF 1.2 HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew how to do the job successfuly. ....I just made a mistake which caused the site to go boom. <.<

And I should've made the edits on a test site.
I'm not saying you didn't know. But I'm 40, and I still consider my level of experience novice. I've been hired by people to do things I know I can do, but I let them know where my experience is going in. So I don't end up in a predicament where I break something, and can't figure it out.

I'm not saying you didn't know. But I'm 40, and I still consider my level of experience novice. I've been hired by people to do things I know I can do, but I let them know where my experience is going in. So I don't end up in a predicament where I break something, and can't figure it out.
I'm 50 and my level is (by my own admission) novice. I can do some things - but PHP and JS are not two of them. I can do some CSS (learning). My area is more in the hardware and server setup related. I recently set up VPS's for two folks - and am helping keep them updated. One offered payment (purchased Better Blogs for me) and the other didn't. I told 'em both that neither needed to pay me anything as I enjoy doing it (as long as it's Debian - which I'm more familiar with).

I think we can call off the witch-hunt now.

Enough has been said about this whole incident and it looks as if it's going to be completely resolved once the initial payment has been refunded.

Digital Jedi summed it up best in this post: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/help.61352/page-3#post-653258

Lessons to be learned by both parties here. Always do your research before hiring someone. Even some basic thread searching will usually turn up quite a bit. Fortunately for you, malicious intent wasn't the cause of the problem. Just lack of experience.

Conversely, even if you're not very new to doing certain things, always let people know what your level of experience is. They should know going in what you're capable and not capable of. And always ask for a test site/style to do your edits in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom