XF 1.2 HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirral, I'm sorry but for future reference I have two pieces of advice: 1) Set up a dev site with an exact copy of your site and make them do the changes there first, nobody needs to work on your live site unless your live site is already messed up 2) Do more research on a person before hiring them. Matthew isn't very reputable (from what I've read). I hope he refunds you. Good luck. Is your site still messed up?

Matthew, is seems like you need to stop doing css work. If you cannot debug css, you should just give up. Assuming you don't use Internet Explorer, your browser by default provides with you all the css tools you really need.

@Matthew Hawley when are you going to refund @WirralTalk ?

It is in your best interest to apologise and refund him the money. You are getting a very bad rep based on this thread and im sure word of mouth will slowly reach everyone on this site to simply avoid using you or even installing any of your addons if you fail to recognise your totally unprofessional attitude in regards to this whole episode.

and to think i gave you admin permissions for a few hours. thank god my site didnt get screwed over as you were too busy too work on it at the time.

@Matthew Hawley when are you going to refund @WirralTalk ?

It is in your best interest to apologise and refund him the money. You are getting a very bad rep based on this thread and im sure word of mouth will slowly reach everyone on this site to simply avoid using you or even installing any of your addons if you fail to recognise your totally unprofessional attitude in regards to this whole episode.

and to think i gave you admin permissions for a few hours. thank god my site didnt get screwed over as you were too busy too work on it at the time.

I can refund him this weekend. My dad handles paypal and Im with him this weekend. I did apologize in a convo.

And your site wouldnt have gotten screwed up...

Well, yes I guess I could call him. I will do it tomorrow.

Right on you, and just take this as a learning experience(I'm sure you have :D), and just keep on pushing and helping XF folks when you can and IF you can.

My tips...

Lessons to be learned by both parties here. Always do your research before hiring someone. Even some basic thread searching will usually turn up quite a bit. Fortunately for you, malicious intent wasn't the cause of the problem. Just lack of experience.

Conversely, even if you're not very new to doing certain things, always let people know what your level of experience is. They should know going in what you're capable and not capable of. And always ask for a test site/style to do your edits in.

Lessons to be learned by both parties here. Always do your research before hiring someone. Even some basic thread searching will usually turn up quite a bit. Fortunately for you, malicious intent wasn't the cause of the problem. Just lack of experience.

Conversely, even if you're not very new to doing certain things, always let people know what your level of experience is. They should know going in what you're capable and not capable of. And always ask for a test site/style to do your edits in.

I knew how to do the job successfuly. ....I just made a mistake which caused the site to go boom. <.<

And I should've made the edits on a test site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom