.node .nodeText { margin-right: 0 !important; }
.node .nodeLastPost,
.node .tinyIcon { display: none !important; }
.node .forum.level_2,
.node .page.level_2,
.node .category_forum.level_2 { width: 49%; float: left; }
.nodeList .node.level_1 { clear: both; }

/* Node List */

But I know thats not it, because I removed it and it still looked like that.

I was removing something from node_list.css and thats when it happened. But I reverted it and it still looked like that.

I was adding this to EXTRA.css
Code:
/* Node List */
.categoryStrip { border-radius: 5px; }

.node .nodeText { margin-right: 0 !important; }
.node .nodeLastPost,
.node .tinyIcon { display: none !important; }
.node .forum.level_2,
.node .page.level_2,
.node .category_forum.level_2 { width: 49%; float: left; }
.nodeList .node.level_1 { clear: both; }

/* Node List */

But I know thats not it, because I removed it and it still looked like that.

I was removing something from node_list.css and thats when it happened. But I reverted it and it still looked like that.

Does it happen on the default style, too?

Okay so, I was helping a customer with his node list and well...I just messed up his whole site.

http://www.wirraltalk.co.uk/
2 things

1) If you didn't make a backup before changing anything on someone else's site and if you do not know how to correct your own mistakes; perhaps you need to learn more before taking on customers.

2)

Restore from the backup that you made. Then do this on a localhost (or test site) first.

I took a copy of the style and imported it on my test site. I did what you said, then i reverted ALL templates. And guess what? THE SITE STILL LOOKS THE SAME!! :cry:
Wait.... So you had the original before you made edits? If you have the original, just restore it back to his site.

(The solution to your problem was in my original post if you followed it)

Actually, I don't think I caused the issue. The problem lies somewhere in the style properties and I didn't touch those....
Wait.... It was working before you changed things, but after you touched it; it is not working. How is this not your problem or fault? :confused:

Maybe we're getting off topic....... So let us work on resolving the problem.

1) Have your customer restore from their latest backup.

If they are unable to do so or unwilling; continue on... :cautious:

2) Let us assume that it is a cache issue. Comment out any cache settings in config.php, disable all add-ons, and rebuild the master cache

/install/

If this does not solve the problem.... It is indeed something you did.

Last edited:
He stated the site is fine loading the Default style, so it has to be releated to the style he is working on.

Be sure you didn't delete a closing bracket where you were making your edits. It definitely isn't loading all css.

I did not see it earlier, because the layout is really bad right now (the link was almost hidden).

Eloquent is a paid style.
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/eloquent.460/

So that means there should be an original hard copy that your client (customer) can easily restore from. @Sean James also is fairly good at offering support for his paid products.

If those are not options for whatever reason and you can't get a hold of anyone ASAP, I would suggest hiring another 3rd party to correct your mistake (at your cost since you did it and you didn't make a backup).

I recall @Steve F is good at tracking such things down (and since he is online right this moment). The key point being you need to fix this ASAP.

Last edited:
So what was the "something" you were removing from node_list.css?

Is the version of the theme you were working on a child of the default version of that premium theme? If you reverted the template, you might have reverted it back to the master template version, removing anything added by the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom