GoodForNothing Notification

GoodForNothing Notification 1.0.6 Update 3

No permission to download
But I was able to install your first version of addon :)
Will lower the minimum version on the next release (today). The core files require PHP 5.3.11 or higher to work correctly thus this limitation...

It only does it in Chrome, Safari and firefox appear to work. Also in Chrome, it doesn't "disappear" properly, its really fast, no cool animation. Will you ever have it working correctly in all browsers?
Working correctly on 38.0.2125.104. This add-on requires CSS3 animation support for browsers... so it wont do the animation in old browsers which can't be helped.

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes - even after disabling your add on, my Xenforo core alerts that would pop up on the bottom left are not, why is that?
Unable to reproduce.

Last edited:
When uploading the xml, I also encounter internal server error for the latest version.

I removed the credit section for the listener but no luck. Still couldn't upload the xml successfully.

Btw, I didn't have bookmark addon.

There is no server error log in adminCP. Below is the error I get after uploading the xml.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@domain.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.10 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at domain.com Port 80

Thanks to @bloh I was able to find and fix the issue that was causing the undefined internal server error. The latest build works without any 500 error on his site, so lets cross our fingers that this will fix the issue others are also having. :D

I will be getting back in the game here in a bit, we have had some issues with our host not liking how much of their server time we've been using, so we have been fighting off server errors right and left. It's not fair to be testing beta software at this point. Hopefully next week things will be back to normal.

Loving this addon myself, but had to disable for now as some users were complaining about too many notification screens. So if it indeed is possible to get this as user selectable option that would be great.
Also would it be possible to make it so that when there is multiple notifications it would only display one notification at a time? On mobile this will easily fill up whole screen if there's multiple notifications.

Thanks for the addon!

I've installed it without any problems. :)

I just noticed that when there's a border all over the notification, when it fades out, the border is the last thing that fades out.

As a workaround, I've deleted that border. :)

Back
Top Bottom