Add-on Working on a 'classifieds' add-on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to limit the uploaded dimensions of classifieds icons? (So we wouldn't have to host big images that are just used as thumbnails.)
A thumbnail is created from the uploaded image and the uploaded image is then removed from the file system ;)

1. I think putting price in top of the image can be ugly if the price is very big. (please see the attachment).
Yeah... I'll have to work on that.

2. i think the "comment" section is not needed, or there should be an option to disable it globally. because there is already "discussion" section.
Both the comment and discussion thread can be enabled/disabled per category basis. I myself would've only enabled the comments and disabled the thread but opened both of them for the demo.

Is it possible to change the thumbnail dimensions and have slightly larger ones?

It would be nice in the future if there were a way for members to choose between the current list view and more of a gallery view similar to xfmg. (But I know that's probably not happening anytime soon!)

This is awesome! I've been waiting for something like this. Is there an option to enter a custom currency? For example, I'm using this to create a marketplace for a gaming community and want the prices to be listed in "Gold."

Does this add-on integrate with Xencentral Trading System for buyer/seller feedback? Or does it have a built in rating system? I see the "Top Rated" option, but it says it is under development.

Are there any plans for adding an auction feature? This would be perfect if there was a bid option.

I can't wait and really want to purchase this! Thanks for the great work.

Is there an option to enter a custom currency? For example, I'm using this to create a marketplace for a gaming community and want the prices to be listed in "Gold."
This add-on is currently dependent on [bd] Paygates to handle anything related to money that includes the currencies so no virtual currencies is supported at this moment. Though I am currently working on one (more info here: Add-on - Building a payments solution...) which, once ready and integrated, can support virtual currencies. :)

Does this add-on integrate with Xencentral Trading System for buyer/seller feedback? Or does it have a built in rating system? I see the "Top Rated" option, but it says it is under development.
This add-on will have it's own trader rating system which I am currently working on :)

Are there any plans for adding an auction feature? This would be perfect if there was a bid option.
I do have plans for adding auctions but not timeframe at this moment...

This add-on is currently dependent on [bd] Paygates to handle anything related to money that includes the currencies so no virtual currencies is supported at this moment. Though I am currently working on one (more info here: Add-on - Building a payments solution...) which, once ready and integrated, can support virtual currencies. :)

This add-on will have it's own trader rating system which I am currently working on :)

I do have plans for adding auctions but not timeframe at this moment...
Can I disable checkout?

1. Can we create package with unlimited listing time?
2. Does it support preventing specified user groups to make any classified?
3. Does it support preventing specified user groups to make a classified on certain classified package?
4. Does it support preventing specified user groups to make a classified on certain classified categories?
5. Does it support certain package to be usable on certain categories?

Suggestion :
Make a price filter like :
  • min price (can be left empty)
  • max price (can be left empty)
:)

1. Can we create package with unlimited listing time?
Yep :)

2. Does it support preventing specified user groups to make any classified?
Yep

3. Does it support preventing specified user groups to make a classified on certain classified package?
Yep

4. Does it support preventing specified user groups to make a classified on certain classified categories?
Yep, per category basis user group permissions :D

5. Does it support certain package to be usable on certain categories?
Yep :D

Make a price filter like :
  • min price (can be left empty)
  • max price (can be left empty)
I've already have this on my to-do list :)

I'm usually highly skeptical of Betas but I've got to say this beta is in damn good shape out of the box. It even works relatively well with custom UI.X styles. This is very close to final, it's missing a few features. Hats off to the author for this add-on. Nothing comes close to it on the marketplace.

And yes it bears close resemblance to RM (without the need to sacrifice RM) so it will be very familiar to some of you.

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Can you make the share buttons block configurable at least via adminCP. Right now only option is to hide if via CSS. Would be good to have a global setting to enable/disable individual buttons.

Just purchased but haven't installed yet, before I actually do --
Is it possible to allow certain user groups to post a classified for free, while others have to pay to post?

I also saw that you put store-functionality in as a future development -- just my $0.02 on how it should work, if you haven't started on it...

Whether someone can open a 'store' should depend on their usergroup. Stores should have a 'rent' that the admin sets, payable automatically via paypal over a certain time frame (monthly/weekly/daily, etc...). The rent should be customizable by the admin -- so you can charge different 'rents' per store.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom