Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

How's it looking? Any approx date indication yet?

And lil' baby Deeming? If so, congrats to you and the Mrs!

When there's an update I will provide it here. I've fallen behind in a few things so ETA is still "in the coming weeks" unfortunately.

I'm not too far away.

I'm still working on a massive project which should be finished before Christmas. I'm also going to be releasing my Social Connect add-on (replacement for my Social Status Updater) soon. So... yes... a few weeks.

Of course you could still use the add-on without the Facebook inviting enabled ;)

Reactions: Cal
I had some free time today translating some addons (Turkish). I've finished the Notifications addon which was great with the custom strings, made it very easy to change. I wish this had custome strings too. It's almost impossible to translate some phrases as the word structure is very different in many cases :(

I had some free time today and translating some addons (Turkish). I've finished the Notifications addon which was great with the custom strings, made it very easy to change. I wish this had custome strings too. It's almost impossible to translate some phrases as the word structure is very different in many cases :(
I don't know what you mean.

I don't know what you mean.

An example maybe; instead of Thank you for inviting your contacts to

Would haven been better if it were; Thank you for inviting your contacts to (site)

So when I translate it I could do this: Arkadaşlarını (site) sitesine davet ettiğin için teşekkür ederiz.

Mostly, when the site name is mentioned. Hope this is was more explanatory.

Note: Another quick example would be "Friends who should be on" can't translate or shift it into a second phrase.

An example maybe; instead of Thank you for inviting your contacts to

Would haven been better if it were; Thank you for inviting your contacts to (site)

So when I translate it I could do this: Arkadaşlarını (site) sitesine davet ettiğin için teşekkür ederiz.

Mostly, when the site name is mentioned. Hope this is was more explanatory.

Note: Another quick example would be "Friends who should be on" can't translate or shift it into a second phrase.
I understand. Thanks for making a very good point.

I will add it to the list for an upcoming version.

Anything yet Chris? Just like others, don't mean to nag but several of us purchased this only for that function

This is something I wrote recently when someone asked for an update via PM:

Chris Deeming said:
I am looking into the next version of the Friend Inviter.

The way the Facebook part of it will have to work is slightly different - but most importantly: it is fully approved by Facebook.

The flow is like this:
  1. Go to Friend Inviter page (as normal)
  2. Click Facebook and login (as normal)
  3. Get a list of your Facebook friends (as normal)
  4. Here's the differences:
  5. Each friend will have an invite button (instead of an invite checkbox).
  6. Clicking that button will bring up a Facebook prompt like this:
  7. xvhVg.png
  8. You then type your customised message and click Send.
  9. It sends it as an Inbox message to your friend.
  10. You can either click invite by each freind and send one message at a time to your friends, or, of course, after clicking the invite next to one of your friends, you can start typing your other friends names in the "To" bQox.
This is pretty much the same Facebook invite system used by Pinterest. It is the only way Facebook will allow you to do anything similar.

ETA......... Well it's in the front of my mind now so let's just say it will be sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom